1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 26, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I think they might find it difficult to keep it to one season = one book as it goes on.

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

10 episodes is so small compared to The Sopranos, The Wire, and Dexter which were all 13 episodes. Truly, I'd like them to expand to 21 episodes like they did with Season 6 of The Sopranos.

Right now, Season 2 is 10 episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

Yeah, but I think with the scope of portraying the world, they would run into budget issues. HBO needs to throw more money into this to make that happen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

Do you have any idea as to how much it costs per episode?

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

From Wikipedia:
    Game of Thrones (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the budget was increased substantially between seasons. I think this will have to continue to be the case considering how the story unfolds. It gets pretty crazy when you think about it. I also think they'll need to add more episodes per season starting with 3 because of how the story expands in the novels.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Storm of Swords is being split up into seasons 3 and 4. George R. R. Martin is apparently writing/directing episode 7 of season 3, which we can only guess is that one particular event that happens partway through that book...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

This is correct as Martin notes on his blog.
    Ten-episode seasons.

8. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Game of Thrones Season 1: Stark Kids Sing Show Open
    I wasn't going to watch it but on 2nd thought did--it's not the kids singing--it's the opening GoT montage music with them humming and do-do-do-do-ing through it, then a intro from each in their 'real' voices. Really quite fun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Hah, thats funny

10. snowy

BRIENNE! YAY!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I'm at exactly that spot in A Clash of Kings, the introduction of the 'knight in blue.' Like Tyrion, they made her much more telegenic than described by Geo. R.R. Martin. I'm sort of glad they have. I'm digging both the A Song of Ice and Fire book series and the HBO GoT series. Different (as the must be) but both really good.

12. Baraka_Guru

13. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

I always pictured Brienne like Milla Javovich in Joan of Arc
    [​IMG]

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Did you read the book description of Brienne? I would say from this pic that Milla has the hair about right.

15. Hyena

Hyena Vertical

Ive read about medieval rat-torture but never seen it. Thanks for enlightening me GoT, and not in a good way.

16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

This episode 4 scene blew my mind:

[​IMG]

How they did it:
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Last week’s “Game of Thrones” episode proved to be a shocker not just to the audience, but to one of its stars — Liam Cunningham.

The Irish actor was part of the eye-popping cliffhanger scene where his character, Ser Davos Seaworth, watched the red priestess, Melisandre (played by Carice van Houten), give birth to some sort of “monster.” “After I lifted my jaw off the ground, when I read the end of it, I was astonished,” he told AccessHollywood.com of his initial reaction to the script.

“I just really wanted to know how they were gonna shoot this. “When I saw where we were shooting it and what it was gonna look like, I thought, ‘This is like a Caravaggio — a beautiful painting.’ And [Director David Petrarca] said, ‘That’s exactly what our brief was — to make it look like this,’” Liam continued. “And this thing — it’s just so weird to watch. “When I do turn around — you have to get your head around this as an actor — to turn around and see the red priestess dropping the robe and [she’s] nine months pregnant, and two second before, she wasn’t pregnant at all? And for my character, who’s very real, he’s very human, and to see this thing crawl along the ground… this CGI-ed monster, is very, very scary and it’s an amazing end shot,” he enthused.
    ...“It’s not something you can rehearse. You kind of have to just play it and it’s very taxing on Carice, as well, because of the screaming and the different angles and the basic delivery — it’s not as difficult as a real one. However, when you’re in a cave, in the cold weather, and she’s virtually naked, it’s, I mean she had the tougher job of that,” he said.

To make the lithe Carice look pregnant in the scene, they brought in the experts, who made her faux belly move. “Carice had a prosthetic on which was operated by pneumatics, so we had the wonderful Conor O’Sullivan, who did ‘Clash of the Titans,’ he did ‘The Dark Knight’ — incredible guy, top of his game, whose operating this um, tummy,” he said.

... “It’s just really surreal. You’ve got a film crew and somebody’s giving birth to a monster in a cave, in Northern Ireland, in the middle of the night,” Liam said. “You’ve gotta laugh at that stuff. It could twist the mind of a sane person.” “... this is a wonderful cliffhanger… to finish [the episode]. ‘What the hell is this woman up to and what is she doing at this point?’ And we just cut it,” Liam laughed...

SOURCE

17. mangoboom

mangoboom New Member

I love Tyrion.
    And right now I'm liking Arya and Gendry's adventure. They're a cute team.
    As for King... I guess I'm rooting for Robb, because he's a Stark... or Renly... I don't really care as long as it's not Geoffrey or that Greyjoy guy.
    I haven't read the books.

18. Baraka_Guru

OMG! Brienne is a machine!

19. cynthetiq

My god what an episode! I love seeing some of the shots in Harrenhal.

20. Baraka_Guru

"Your Grace...my lady...news from Winterfell."

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1