1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Nikilidstrom, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

Hey all! I'm hosting another year of the 5hole hockey league on yahoo and we are looking for 3 or 4 interested GMs for this season. We've had several members of the previous TFP boards in the league, and it has always worked out well. All I ask is that you are active, as in you get your lineup in on time, and you respond in a timely manner to trade requests.

here is the league settings:

League ID#: 4435
    League Name: Another 5Hole In The Head

Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/fiveholehockey
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: Sun Sep 25 7:00pm EDT
    Max Teams: 10
    Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 0
    Trade End Date: March 15, 2012
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
    Min Games Played: 3
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 6 days from Apr 2 to Apr 7
    Playoff Reseeding: Yes
    Lock Eliminated Teams: No
    Divisions: No
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

We only have one rule beyond yahoo's head-to-head setup rules, and that is that you don't abuse the free agent list. Any player that you pick up from the list has to be on your roster for a mimum of 3 games or 1 week, whichever is less. This is so that the people who actually need to replace injured or slumping players have some options to pick from, as players dropped into the FA list are placed on waivers and aren't immediately available for other GMs to grab.

Anywho, if you are interested in joining, send me a PM and I will give you the password so that you can register. The draft is Sunday September 25@7:00PM Eastern, so hurry in so you can be ready. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

2. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

anybody? Bueller?

3. Jay

Jay Vertical

Shit, haven't logged in here in a couple of weeks and forgot all about fantasy hockey, any chances a spot is still open so I can embarrass myself again?

4. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

Sorry, we filled up and drafted already. I would have much rather had you in the league instead of the random Yahoo crowd. They are always a pain.