1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

2014 mlb thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Well it officially starts tomorrow. (Except the dodgers game tonight)
    I wish my braves didn't play at 210 I wish it was a normal night game but I get it.

How will your team fair this season?
    I am a braves fan. It started off rough in spring training because 2 of our starting rotation pitchers are out for the season with Tommy John surgery. I sure hope bj Upton and Dan uggla can improve on last year.

2. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

GO TIGERS.

I anticipate a good season. I'm hoping we'll give a good pennant run, if not a world series run. We have some major injury problems, but overall, a pretty solid lineup.

Now if only they would stop dragging their asses on signing Max Scherzer to the long term contract he wants....

• Like Like x 2
  3. ralphie250

On a side note threadjack.... @geneticshift still waiting on my Stafford shirt.

Do the tigers still have the old guy as their skipper?

• Like Like x 1
  4. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Dude I completely forgot. I'm an ass, I'm sorry! I'll get on that! :) :) :)

And no, he retired after last season.
    Hottie McTall pants former Tiger Brad Ausmus is at the helm now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll be interested to see what Drew Smyly can bring to the rotation. He definitely paid his dues in long relief last season. He's got some big shoes to fill, though.

Really sad that Bruce Rondon won't be with us for this season. I was expecting really good things from him.

6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm don't follow MLB much, but I do recall Ausmus playing for the Astros. Twice actually (I had to look that up).

I have no high hopes for Lastros, they've been 'rebuilding' for too many seasons. Semi-respectable might a stretch.

7. ralphie250

Its OK I forgive you. Lol

Jim Leyland that was his name... did they push him out or he did it on his own?

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

IT'S OPENING DAY! w00t w00t!

I'm a Reds girl, so I still maintain that the season does not officially start until the first pitch is thrown in Cincinnati. :p (edit: This year is a double simultaneous first pitch, thrown by Dave ConcepciĆ³n and Barry Larkin. I am ridiculously excited about this.)

Having a mini Opening Day party at a friend's house later today...I get to leave work early! There will be a Cards fan, a Cubs fan, and a Reds fan, so I imagine lots of trash talk getting thrown around. We're going to be having hot dogs (soy dogs for me), and peanuts, and possibly Crackerjack. We will also be ridiculously decked out in our respective teams' colors.

As for the upcoming season, well, let's be honest, the Reds always break my heart. I make it a point not to really pay attention during pre-season, so I don't have expectations one way or another. I always cheer as if they're going to the Series, and this year will be no different.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It's commonly believed he called his own shot. Leyland could have stayed forever, if he had chosen so.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Got Gameday up in Chrome as a) I don't have cable and b) I'm in class and meetings until after 4:00.
    Tigers baseball is back! SO STOKED.

Edit:

FIRST BLOOD! Homer from Victor Martinez.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Damn. Crazy game in Arlington, TX. Phillies beat the Rangers 14-10

12. ralphie250

Fuck we lost

13. hamsterball

To the Brewers???

14. ralphie250

:( yea. But its only the first game. Tehran pitched a hell of a game and the only runs they scored on him was a 2rbi double. But he looked good. We just needed to swing the bats

• Like Like x 1
  15. hamsterball

Tehran is definitely a keeper, Ralphie. Right now, the Phils have a better record; I'd better enjoy that as much as possible, 'cause it ain't gonna last long.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Yeaaah, we did, too. Here's to the next game going better!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ralphie250

Agreed

18. ralphie250

True. ;)

19. Mother of Cthulu that was a close game.

Thank you Alex Gonzalez, and thank goodness Joe Nathan is actually as decent of a closer as everyone seems to think he is.

EDIT: Alex Gonzalez is not A-Rod, and I am an idiot.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Go, Rockets!

Oh..............

• Like Like x 1