1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

55 Word Stories

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Scud, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Scud

Scud Vertical

Can you write a story in just 55 words? Share your flash fiction efforts here.
    --- merged: Jul 22, 2012 4:49 AM ---
    I'll go first;

Concentration-

Herman had wanted to be a tattoo artist. His father told him to join the army instead saying "tattooes are for the lowest of the low."

A year later a camp guard shounted for the next in line. Another weary and pale forearm appeared under the needle.

"And which number is this one" asked Herman.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  2. coraltint

coraltint New Member

Tommy winced when his dad hit his thumb with the hammer. He wasn't sure which way the hammer was gonna fly this time.

"Daddy, are you ok?"

"dad?"

"Tell your mom I went to a fuckin meeting. Get in the house."

Tommy was smiling when he got to the backdoor. Daddy was nicer after meetings.

3. raging moderate

raging moderate New Member

A cold wind danced snow flurries around the whitened landscape. Like a lovers' dismissal, cold and beautiful, the day was leaving her. As the first snowflake began to fall, she licked her lips nervously.

"That's perfect." said Lilly, steadying her breathing. She sighed happily. "That is just perfect."

She couldn't agree more.