1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

73 years ago

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 2, 2013.

1. While cleaning out my Dad's house a few weeks ago I found pictures he took at a Cubs game when he was 17. I put them in a box with a bunch of other things and brought them home, promptly forgetting about them until tonight. I pulled them out and showed them to my son. As we looked closer, we noticed they were taken on Aug. 3, 1941. The Brooklyn Dodgers were at Wrigley. We then realized that my son will be going to the game tomorrow at Wrigley on Aug. 3, 2013. The LA Dodgers will be at Wrigley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the bottom of the first set is Pee Wee Reese Brooklyn shortstop.

The second set is Tom Drake Brooklyn pitcher (L) Herman Franks Brooklyn catcher (R), Billy Herman Brooklyn second base, Stan Hack Cubs third base.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

This. Is. Awesome.

3. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Absolutely fantastic!!

4. BTW, my math is usually better than it was last night. It was 72 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  5. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Interesting. There are at least 2 buildings that I recognize in left field.

Thanks for posting, Craven!

6. absorbentishe

absorbentishe Vertical

That is really super cool! Any they'er serving the same beer.