1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

A helpful hint about Posting Games

Discussion in 'uncle phil's Posting Games' started by the_jazz, Oct 16, 2013.

1. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Please remember to read the first few posts (especially the first one) of any threads where you want to make your own contribution. Some of these threads have specific themes or strict rules set up by the thread author, and we try to keep to these as much as possible. If you’re not sure about something, feel free to ask a staff member, ask the author, or post a question in the thread.

2. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Thanks for this. I travel the internet a lot in search of images and one thing I have observed again and again on other forums is that a derailed image thread is a dead thread. As one of the most frequent and enthusiastic patrons of this part of the board, I appreciate the dedication that both the staff and the community have to keeping it alive.

PS, Uncle Phil loved these threads. I challenge folks who don't normally post down here to share something in his honor. I know you like things. I see you looking. :)

• Like - Tilted Back Like - Tilted Back x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

Yeah, every now and then I see a post, often by a newby, and think, WTF did that come from. On the other hand, I myself have made a reply to a post that was on the next-to-the-last page, because that's where I landed, instead of replying to the most recent post.:rolleyes:

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

We understand mistakes happen. If it's one you can't fix yourself, just let whatever staffer you see online know. We'll be happy to handle it. If none of us is online, just pick a couple you know and send the request. Or you can report the post. We're happy to help.

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member Donor

Another related note:

As moderators we moderate, but there's no cookie-cutter approach to this. We don't give anyone special treatment, and we don't bend any rules to appease anyone.

Some may get upset by a certain post, or if they think a good thread is being ruined, but know that we will listen and that this place is being moderated in a fashion that is expected of us. On the other hand, if anything arises that is counter to everyone's expectations of this place, people will be informed when grievances are misplaced and they will be informed why.

So, basically, moderators moderate, and we'll do what we can. Remember that it's a good practice to report a post that has an issue, no matter what it is, rather than try to fix something yourself with further posts. It's not an inconvenience to us; it's simply a way to draw the staff's attention to something that we should be looking at.

6. MSD

MSD Very Tilted Donor

If threads get too off-topic, we can split posts off into their own thread. A few off-topic posts are bound to happen, but if anyone feels like a thread is being derailed, report it and we'll take a look.

You'll never get in trouble for submitting a report unless you're clearly abusing it to spam us or harass someone. Think of it as the "problems or concerns?" section of a comment card. You may not see mountains move publicly, but a lot of discussion goes on behind the scenes when you report something.

7. rice88 New Member

Can I start a new topic?

Or can someone start a new topic for me?

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Tapatalk

8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

Click on the 'Forums' tab, then choose an area, then in the upper right hand corner click on the 'Post New Thread' Tab. That should get you started.

9. rice88 New Member

Thanks for the tip.
    Now to find the buttons to press...

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Tapatalk

10. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

No need to "like" every post, make your "loves" count and use "WINNER" for the very best !

xoxoxoo

• Like - Tilted Back Like - Tilted Back x 1