1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

A parent of twins

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sierra, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Sierra Vertical

I Love being a parent of twin boys now age 14. I remember first hearing about a 'little one' was on the way and feeling excited about this new life coming into this world of ours but when we found out twins were on the way, surprisingly, I was even more excited and in fact ~ elated. I felt I had the strength of ten men lol. It was 24/7 for sure and I guess one could say it was a lot of work but I loved every minute of it so the effort was only a matter of joy.

If any of you have twins I would like to hear your stories and for that matter would like to know of what any parents or couples out there think about the possibility of having twin children would be like for you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cubby

Cubby Vertical

I have three kids, no twins. But I am a twin, an identical twin and I know from the stories that we were a handful. We always went in opposite directions, etc. But our parent's managed quite well. They actually found out they were having twins the night before we were born. My Dad went out, sold the small car they had, picked up a station wagon and they didn't quite know what they were going to do when we showed up early. :)

One of the issues I have seen as an adult and coaching kids sports is the whether they play on the same teams or do the same activities. Some parent's feel they need to put the twins in all the same activities but the twins are not necessarily interested in the same things. I know it is more difficult to have them in different sports or activities but they are two separate people so, like my three kids, they all might want to do some thing different.

Also, ask your twins whether they want to dress the same. Some twins are okay with it, some are not. Again, it is simpler to just by two of everything but some twins want to have their own identity. Talk to them and give them a choice instead of just forcing them to dress the same.

Anyway, twins are great!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1