1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

airbnb

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by ZombieSquirrel, May 31, 2016.

1. Has anyone used airbnb?

I'd be willing to try it out since I feel like it would be a more genuine experience when traveling. Hotels can be so boring, but living in a residential unit sounds intriguing.

What has been your experience? What was the host like? Was it easy to book a room? Were you satisfied with your visit? Do you recommend it? If not, why?

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Yep. Loved it. Crazy lady in PDX, she was a little miffed that we didn't want breakfast. But, accommodating when our flights changed and we got in later. Super easy to book, pay, etc. Will definitely use again, no questions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I've used it in a few cities (different countries) and haven't had a bad experience yet. Friends have had similar experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Lots of vrbo.com and homeaway.com, but never airbnb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

We used it in Philly, it was a pleasant experience. It's hard because sometimes the pictures can make a place seem bigger than it is. We were booking a studio apartment - if we'd been spending any more time than just to sleep, it might have been too small.

6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We've never stayed a BNB. My wife loves the idea of a 'cozy home-like' experience. I'm not that comfortable with what I see as basically spending the night at a stranger's house.

FTR I realize that staying at a BNB is not the same as staying overnight with a stranger.

--------------------------------

Note--As I'm typing this CBS News just announced their next news report is about charges of racism involving airbnb.

7. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

We booked one in Portugal for our trip last year and Loved It! We'd do it again in a heartbeat. Because we were in an apt right in the community, it gave us a real feeling of belonging to that community that being in a hotel wouldn't give you.

8. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Rented a small flat in London last winter. Had many good reviews, and was a good experience - for half the price of a hotel room.

Will be checking AirBnB next time I'm travelling abroad.

9. ARTelevision

ARTelevision New Member

Yes, used it once. I would prefer not experiencing the personal spaces of strangers. Do not enjoy any f0rm of BNB. Never used uber either, for the same reason. There are many great ideas better left in the Platonic realm. I prefer paying full price to be left alone.

• Like Like x 2
  10. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I agree with @ARTelevision, I like my privacy and am willing to pay for it. Also I wouldn't rent out my car or a room in my house.