1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Algonquin Trails November 2011

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by kramus, Nov 7, 2011.

1. kramus

kramus what I might see

Algonquin Trails 12.jpg Algonquin Trails 15.jpg Algonquin Trails 16.jpg Algonquin Trails 19.jpg Algonquin Trails 22.jpg Algonquin Trails 37.jpg Algonquin Trails 40.jpg Algonquin Trails 54.jpg Algonquin Trails 66.jpg Algonquin Trails 80.jpg Algonquin Trails 106.jpg My Lady's sister is a "Fractional Owner" of a vacation condo that hooks her into a world-wide condo swap organization. So she vacations in condos here and there depending on what her budget and travel plans allow. She invited us up to share a lovely condo she was using for a couple of days this past weekend in Dwight Ontario, just outside of Algonquin Provincial Park.

We walked a number of short trails. Bought hiking boots that worked out very nicely. I found myself doing my usual - I stop to take a quickie camera snap of something that catches my interest and the people in my group who are ahead move on out of sight (sometimes I have to wait because I just don't want them in the shot - sometimes I don't wait long enough or I miss seeing their foot and it winds up in the shot - I tell myself these are happy snaps, not coffee table book shots). So my photo isn't really composed, it is a grab. In review I wish some were composed but I get what I get. Then I thunder along the trail after the disappearing group, leaping rocks and roots, and just when I catch up I spot something else and stop again to grab another quick shot. Rinse and repeat. At least I'm enjoying myself and I do get a few happy snaps that are nice enough to share :)
    --- merged: Nov 7, 2011 3:11 PM ---
    I have to fly - will try to post some more when I get back. The auto merge, a 10-upload limit, and auto-rotate defeated me :(

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

That's some of the most beautiful country in the world right there.

I miss Algonquin sorely. I've been away too long.

I'm simultaneously envious and happy about your journey. :D

Thanks for sharing.

3. kramus

kramus what I might see

Algonquin Trails 86a.jpg Algonquin Trails 124a.jpg Algonquin Trails 90a.jpg Algonquin Trails 125a.jpg I've never done any real Algonquin trekking. You know, lugging a canoe on your back between lakes, out of cell phone range for a week, and finish by carting the trash back out.

Let's see if I can get the last few pics to show up the right way round, and at full size :)

nope - half the images now auto-rotate to the original orientation and stay there even after I do different back flips to get them to go right way up, so this is it.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Nice photos... :)

You're trying to get attachments to work like inline images. You have to select FULL instead of thumbnail for all the pictures.

Rotate them before you upload.

5. kramus

kramus what I might see

Thanks cyn. I guess I just managed to make it not work. Tried a couple of things, wound up erasing and reloading the entire first post and ran out of time. There were intermixed thumbs and full-sized, double images, you name it. A mess. My second post I actually used 3rd generation copies of my photos with different names, saved on a different location, all set up the way I wanted - and they still came in rotated wrong. Unfortunately when I got back from taking the dog to the vet my edit window had closed :( If I'd had the time I would have loaded them on my own site and copied the url for each image. Seems like a bit of a run-around to share a few happy-snaps, but I'll figure it out eventually.