1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

And Another One Gone...

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by uncle phil, Apr 19, 2012.

1. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

The Band's Levon Helm dies at 71 – USATODAY.com

--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM ---

--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM ---

--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM ---

--- merged: Apr 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM ---
    and, one of the best covers of 'the long black veil...'

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Damn. Were loosing em fast.

3. Unique performer. Thanks for sharing, uncle phil

4. A truly unique talent.

RIP

5. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I knew that he had been sick for years. Yet I was totally unprepared to deal with hearing about his death. My day at work ended on a very sad note and I heard the news while driving home. It hit me really hard.

My dad was a huge fan of The Band, so I grew up listening to them and I always favored his voice. Both singing and talking. Which made the deterioration of his voice after the cancer so regrettable. He still sang, though.

I always wanted to go up to Woodstock and attend one of his Midnight Ramble sessions.

6. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

On his worst day, he could sing better than some of the so-called singers of today.

Thanks for the videos to some great songs, uncle phil. Sorry I missed this the first time.

7. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

God, he was a terrific talent. When he sang, it was like the rocks and the hills of rural America were opening up and singing. I still remember getting a double cassette tape set (yeah, this was that long ago...) of "Music From Big Pink" and the eponymous brown-jacketed album, putting them on, and just getting lost in what he and Robbie and Rick and Richard could do with their voices together.... With Levon gone, it's the end of an era....

8. ouniturHALJNS

ouniturHALJNS New Member

MICK AND KIETH--TAKE A LICK'N BUT KEEP ON KICKEN.

9. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

The all caps is going to get old really quickly. You should reread the posts in your welcome thread since folks actually gave you good advice that might be helpful.

10. ouniturHALJNS

ouniturHALJNS New Member

IIT'S BECOME HABIT BECAUSE MOSTLY MY EYESIGHT IS WANNING.DIDN'T REALLY THINK PEOPLE PAID ANY ATTENTION TO SUCH TRIVAL PC CRAP ANYMORE. I SELDOM POST ANYWAY-TTFN

11. the_jazz

PC? Who said anything about PC? It would be the same if you were using bright pink script. Several people have asked you nicely not to post in all caps and have even given you solutions to your problem. But apparently you're too selfish to listen.

So I'll just sum it up here for you and re-earn my "resident asshole" badge - you continue to ignore polite requests not to type in all caps, I'll solve the problem for you in a way that will make you less of a problem for me.

What's worse is if your eyesight is really waning, the advice in the other thread could actually be helpful for spots other than TFP. Face, meet palm.

12. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

hey cap-freak! are you aware you're shitting all over my thread? let's clean it up, huh?

13. ouniturHALJNS

ouniturHALJNS New Member

Like said man.Iusually don"t post>Was on this site right after it came out>been gone ayear and a half>Arthritis doesnt help>BUT I'LL WORK ON PROPER TYPING. TTFN young fellow

14. the_jazz

You missed the memo. Halx is gone. None of the old permissions carried over from the old TFP so your "long tenure" means exactly dick. So you can either be nice when you do post so as not to annoy everyone who reads those posts or you can be a dick. Your call, but like I said, I can make you less annoying in a way that's not going to involve me retyping all your posts with the caps lock off.

Besides, the ultimate old-timer, uncle phil asked you to stop shitting on his thread. Considering he's more ornry than ME, I suggest you listen to him before he takes matters into his own hands.

15. clavus

clavus New Member

Why would anybody antagonize uncle phil? What possible upside could there be for that behavior?
    ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Innovators dropping like flies these days, and it is sad. MCA and Carroll Shelby recently left us too.

• Like Like x 2