1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Any R/C geeks?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by aquafox, Sep 21, 2011.

1. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

I'm really tempted to get into r/c planes. I've been to a model airport on a few occasions and it seems pretty fun. I used to be way into the r/c cars when I was a kid, really itching to dig into those more as well now that I'm a grown up :)

If anyone has any experience... I'm really interested in buying advice, especially for planes.

I'm looking at the Champ RTF on amazon... I would post a link but I don't have the post count on the new forum to be allowed to just yet!

2. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

I'm somewhat into RC, but I decided to stick to the surface. Currently I own touring car, stadium truck and a rock crawler all electric 1/10 scale.
    I have been temped to get a hovercraft, snow-moblie and snow groomer :rolleyes:.
    The reason for sticking to the surface was watching a friend crash his rc plane almost every time he went flying, the weather here isn't too kind to rc planes.
    Yours
    Zweiblumen

3. I have a friend who is into it in a big way. I have a passing interest in it. More from actually constructing the planes rather than flying them. Someday, I'll give it a try.

4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Yeah, you have to have a fat wallet and the attitude to go with it, to be able to deal with the carnage and say, "Dude! That was an awesome crash!" "Let's do it again!". :)

5. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

I never really got into the planes, but my son and I got into off road rc racing for a while, until the the elitists at the track made it a miserable place to be. It stopped being fun and began to be frustrating, so we just quit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

the crash thing is kinda scary. As long as I don't invest too much money into a single plane I think I could survive seeing the thing be destroyed... sticking to the ground isn't all that bad of an idea.

I'm in a googlin' spree looking for a mini r/c tank to zoom around the office at the moment