1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

anyone know a good wallet with room for 20 or so credit cards

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Strange Famous, May 24, 2014.

1. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

that could buy online in UK?

I cannot find anything at all!

(tried going all round the shops in my town and birmingham, tried usual places like amazon, etc...)

The wallet I do have is falling to pieces and is now partly held together by insulation tape...

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Does one really need to carry all those cards all the time?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

I just don't see you having twenty credit cards. If you do maybe it's time for an intervention.

5. Strange Famous

20 plastic cards then.. they arent all credit and debit.

...and I DO need them all.

1 credit card
    1 debit card
    1 driving license
    1 personal fuel card
    3 test fuel cards
    1 medical card (free prescriptions)
    1 "I have diabetes" card
    6 store loyalty cards
    3 library cards
    1 EU medical insurance card

I also have

A front door key
    a pound coin (for supermarket trolleys)
    a book of stamps
    a few business cards
    some money
    an odd train ticket or two
    the current weeks EFT slips

I dont know why its so hard to find a decent sized wallet...

6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I can't wait until cards are a thing of the past. I want all of this on a chip that's implanted in my forearm.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Strange Famous

I don't think cards will go out of fashion that soon.

Contactless has been around in my industry 10-15 years at least (and I expect in others for longer), at the end of the day it isn't much more convenient and it doesn't stop fraud. Every now and again a few truckstop brands or "own yard" coach stations try it out, but it never takes off... you can get a chip in the actual fuel point of the vehicle that marries with the nozzle on the pump... but people just chop the chip out and abuse it just like they abuse fuel cards or magnetic keys or anything else.

I expect youre joking about having the RFID chip in your arm, but you already can get bracelets with them in (people use them at things like festivals or theme parks)... but just too much increase in risk of fraud for an absolutely minimal increase in speed to me.

Someone is trying to push a smart phone application for fuel at the moment... merchant fees 100% higher than even the worst plastic cards, encouraging idiots to wander around a petrol forecourt with their phone out (which even if you get passed the fire risk is still a getting run over risk)... and if you get passed all of that, how is easier to get your phone out, load an app, activate the right pump at the right location... rather than just put a piece of plastic in an OPT and enter a PIN? And anyway, if you run a petrol station, you want people paying at the counter and getting stuff from the shop you make 100% markup on, rather than just taking fuel that you might make 3 or 4% on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charlatan

It's not that it's easier. It's just that it's less clutter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Charlatan

And I wouldn't use it if it was more costly.

10. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Every time I go on vacation or put on my non-baggy pants I clean my wallet out of cards I don't really use, and I now have a pile of them in a drawer. I have two credit cards (personal/business), a gym card, a drivers license, a Costco card, and thats about it. Its still more than I'd like.

I was having a similar problem lately but the opposite, trying to find an ultra thin wallet.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

If you have an iPhone, there is an app called KeyRing that scans and stores all your loyalty cards, including bar codes. I'm sure the same app is available for android if you have a smartphone. Unfortunately, I lost all of my loyalty cards a couple years ago, so I don't make much use of it. However, it's a good way to lighten your wallet!

12. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Same, my super thin wallet (with 6 cards in it) is reaching end of life. Finding something I like, is proving difficult. I sit on the damn thing, it needs to be thin.

13. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I don't even carry a wallet any more, and haven't for maybe 12-13 years.

I have a magnetic money clip similar to this one:

Brown Magnetic Money Clip | Italian Sandalwood Leather

It is surprising what it can hold. 2-3 credit cards, debit card, DL, medical insurance card, auto insurance card, 6-8 business cards, 6-8 bills, and could easily hold 2-4 more pieces of plastic or 4-6 more bills in a pinch.

Works wonders on your back since you don't have to sit on it. Also makes me more comfortable in a crowd or in the city since it would be way more difficult to pick pocket.

14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I use a Mighty Wallet: Dynomighty Design : Be Mighty!

[​IMG]

It's got two slots for cards--one I use for all my loyalty cards.punch cards/business cards, the other I use for my license, 2 debit cards, 1 credit card, Costco Card, and library card. Due to the way it's made, it's got some flexibility--essentially, it's all origami'd together, so there are flaps that will slide a bit to accommodate more. It has two money slots--one I use for receipts and the other is for cash.

15. cynthetiq

I use cardstar and share the account with my wife. she gets the cards and I get them and any new ones get imported to her immediately. this happens with YNAB also.

16. Charlatan

I used a combination of money clip and one of these. It holds my ATM card, two credit cards and my ID card. When I go out for the night, I can ditch it and just slip a credit card into my money clip.

[​IMG]
    --- merged: May 26, 2014 10:41 PM ---
    @Strange Famous, this looks like what you want. LINK

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cynthetiq

18. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If something very casual works for you, I love mine fromhttp://Home (discount from that URL)

• Like Like x 1
  19. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

was wondering the same thing..

20. Strange Famous

I work for a company which issues payment cards, its no good people keep asking why I need so many!

• Like Like x 1