1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Art installations/exhibitions you want to see

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by PonyPotato, Apr 29, 2012.

1. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

After learning about this installation on Reddit today, I have decided that if I ever visit NY, this is on my list. For sure.

Brooklyn Museum: The Dinner Party by Judy Chicago

[​IMG]

A gallery of some of the installation can be found here:
    View: http://imgur.com/a/UG9Yt

What are some installations/exhibitions you'd really like to see?

2. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

I'd like to see the real Bayeux tapestry, and the WWII war memorial the British soldiers built there (which says "we who were conquered by William have now set free the conqueror's native lands")

William has always been one of my heroes, but I think he has a peculiar place in the popular imagination of most English people...

3. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

I want to see the Freedom Tower when it's finally complete, despite my loathing of the name. I would have preferred something like Remembrance Tower or Phoenix Tower, but no one asked me my opinion.

I've had the good fortune of actually seeing works of art, historical exhibitions, and ancient wonders I'd once only dreamed of ever seeing. There's not a whole lot left on my bucket list but I'm sure there are treasures out there to be viewed that I don't realize are out there.

I'm not a huge fan of modern art, unless it bears some relevancy on what I consider important. For that reason, I think I'd enjoy "The Dinner Party."

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  4. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Oh, I can't tell you how many I want to see.
    Most especially those in Europe, which I haven't been to yet.
    I know it's cliche...but I still want to see The Louvre

Being near Washington D.C. I get to see the Smithsonian locations and all the other galleries available there.
    And they change every few months too.

Might I recommend that many forget to see being off the National Mall, but near Chinatown
    The National Portrait Gallery

You'll see all those pictures that you've seen in the history books live. (it's kind of surreal)
    Plus they always have awesome projects changing every week...and an incredible archive upstairs.

Also the National Geographic Society's Museum is another awesome one that the typical tourist doesn't know to see.
    They have excellent events and showcases changing often.
    I saw one on Leonardo DaVinci's actual constructs he made for experiments and war.
    (You didn't know he was a military engineer?? It paid the bills :cool: )

7. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss