1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

baggy pants law

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

2. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

about fucking time...

asshole kids walk around with one hand on their crotch to hold their pants up because they're too stupid to cinch up a belt...

/rant over...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Have they banned cleavage too? Are they going to?

It's underwear. Oh my god!

So fucking Puritan.

Are they still allowed to dance in public?

4. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

And they wonder why so many kids feel alienated, disconnected...
    And they wonder why when it all kicks off they have no respect for the law...

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm all for them banning cleavage. Boob crack is super distracting to a man that hasn't seen a woman for months.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RogueGypsy

RogueGypsy Vertical

The Baggy Pant trend just makes me laugh. I remember when this dumb crap started in the late 80's. But I have to give props to the guy who some how made it cool, to be too poor, to afford clothes that fit. If you have an older sibling, you've probably been there. But I'd still like to head-butt the designer who made it a fashion trend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I thought the style was supposed to say "I was in jail and they took away my belt".

8. Baraka_Guru

I think that's part of it. It only became mainstream through hip-hop culture, which is why these kinds of bans have an undercurrent of an assault on black/youth/urban/hip-hop culture.

9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I've heard that as well.

According to some criminal justice textbook I read in college, the trend was started because guys in prison were all issued sweatpants too large for them and thus they just let them sag. They continued the style on the outside as a "I'm hood, look at my ass, I got street cred" thing.

/urban legends

10. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Put 'em in the stocks! I've had enough of low pants, with their gospel of easy sexuality and relaxed morality!

11. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

If the ways other people choose to dress themselves pisses you off, you need more problems to distract yourself with. Saggy pants are no more or less ridiculous than neckties.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

13. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Wait, isn't that TFP's mission statement?

14. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

No, that's "stop yer bitchin before I give you something to cry about".

I don't see how it's possible to apply this law equally and fairly. Are they going to cite women who have bra straps showing? Plumbers? It's a feel good/do nothing law.

15. As much as I am against see people with their outfits sagging. I am against this law if for no other reason, how are you going to truly enforce a dress code in public? This isn't school, this isn't a courtroom, this isn't a private establishment. So 3 inches is too much, but 2 and 1/2 inches showing just as much is okay? And it is at the waist or the hips? But with people who also wear 3xl t-shirts above their size, it shouldn't be much of an issue for them, even though it could by 3.5 inches.

All this rambling is just a point, it seems crazy that its a fine that you show three inches of clothing, but its a-okay to show 90% of your boobs.

16. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

And that, my friend, is what we call progress. *giggity-giggity*

17. RogueGypsy

RogueGypsy Vertical

Yeah, that definitely gave it a boost. But in the SoCal school I went to it was easy to tell who was the oldest sibling in the family. The whole "Imma Gangsta, been ta Jail" trend started years later in the late 90's, when Wisconsin and Maine caught up to the trend.

So true, but it shows a lack of respect for society when your apparel or style is offensive to most. Everyone is going to piss off someone, butt know one wants to see a guys underware hanging out of their pants, especially if the pants are hanging below the ass. The very point of such a trend is to cause offense to those different than you, that is ridiculous.

18. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I personally wear my clothes a bit baggy and I catch HELL about it at work. My underwear never shows, my jeans are baggy to the point of being comfortable. Do my pants hang around my knees? No. Are the baggy? A bit.

Does this mean I'm going to get fined for wearing comfortable jeans? Where is the rule set for this. Are cops going around with a tape measure to see if pants are within limits?

I think I'm getting punished for having no ass to hold up my jeans.

Welcome to the complaints of every older generation about the younger generation.

"Look at those HIPPIES wearing those ridiculous bell bottom jeans! There should be a law against that!"

"Look at those FLAPPERS wearing those scandalous dresses! I can see her KNEES! There should be a law against that!"

"Ye old friend, did ye spy thou own daughter wearing such revealing garments? I am ashamed to say I saw her bared ANKLES! Tho shoust speak to thy lord about such matters!"

19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Lordeden -> Skinny jeans, mofo.

So, when are we going to get around to that law the restricts women to wearing tight fit Underarmour turtlenecks three seasons a year?

20. Baraka_Guru

Don't get me started on yoga pants..... fuck....

They're like underwear you wear outside.

I thought they were for yoga.