1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Basement-dwelling, Ramen-noodle-eating cyber thieves

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Joniemack, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Who just happen to have high ranking positions in the Federal government. I'm not sure whether or not to believe the Obama administration's portrayal of the two newest US "traitors." I haven't been paying much attention to the whole Snowden affair but ran across this news on another forum.
    Anyone here know what's going on?

Are these whistleblowers traitors or patriots?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I don't see any other news outlet reporting this, Joniemack. That said, I don't particularly view dailykos as a great source of breaking news.

3. Joniemack

I actually thought I'd stumbled into the Onion when I read it.

A great source of breaking news or not, I've never known them to make up news.

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm not calling it malicious, just erroneous. Even the other sources linked in the story don't have these allegations. Perhaps it's true and they're just first, but I've got to go with Occam's Razor here, the relevant corollary of which here is that outrageous claims require proof.

5. Joniemack

They are very bizarre claims but being in the UK, I'm usually a few days or weeks behind these things.

I'm putting this one to bed.

6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

From the author's Twitter account, regarding the article:
    David Harris-Gershon (@David_EHG), July 18, 2013

7. Joniemack

• Like Like x 1