1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3 Open Beta

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Fremen, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I saw a vid-clip on XBL that they are having an open beta for the multiplayer part of Battlefield 3 on 9-29-11 and 9-30-11.
    Just download the demo from Xbox Live and you're off.

Personally, I'm a CoD man, but this will give me a chance to try it out, and may be even convert me.
    Though I do have MW3: Hardened pre-ordered.

EDIT: Looks like the open beta is for Xbox 360, PC and PS3, too. And the actual times are 9-29 thru 10-10.

2. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

i will probably play the demo at least(pc version). i'm with you though, i prefer the somewhat faster gameplay of cod compared to the battlefield series but they are both great.

my biggest complaint with the sequels to these games is that they feel like nothing more than map and perk upgrades sold as a 'new game.'

3. thejuanald

thejuanald Vertical

CoD has been nothing but that since MW1 and people still shell out $60 for that garbage. BF3 looks amazing and I can't wait to download the beta tonight

4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I downloaded the beta, and it looks the same as Bad Company 2 to me.
    You'd think they'd want to showcase the new Frostbite 2 engine in the beta to garner more converts with their money , but it doesn't seem that way.

5. thejuanald

thejuanald Vertical

Downloaded the beta but havent had a chance to play, been finishing up some proposals that are due today. I hope the frostbite engine isn't just for single player mode on consoles :\

6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

BW3 is going to completely destroy MW3.

The only reason MW3 has more hype is because it has more fanbois. I've got both pre-ordered (as well as Bioshock Infinite) and I'll decide after I play the games but so far BW3 is looking far better to me.