1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Bombs went off in Boston

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Bombs just went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. :(

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Holy fuck...

3. Borla

Right now they are only mentioning injuries, which is good. But supposedly two bombs went off. It was far enough after the race started that most everyone had finished or quit. I'm guessing it would've been WAY worse if it was 2-3 hours sooner.

4. Just reality. That's all. I'm still loyal. Been to the alter too many times to think otherwise. I started this season already thinking "wait till next year" :D
    --- merged: Apr 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM ---
    An hour after the first had crossed the line

Explosions rock Boston Marathon, several injured - CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  5. Borla

The first report I read said it was 3 hours after the first finishers. The race started at 10:05 central time. Bombs went off 4 hours later, so you are right.

So far now I'm hearing 2 dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  6. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

reports from boston are 2 dead, 23 injured. the explosions were at copley square, right across from the boston public library. a friend of mine is working the medical tent for the marathon, which is right there. he's ok, helping people. says it's like a war zone.

7. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

A loop of one of the explosions. Graphic but not gory. Doug's post on Vine

This is horrific. I heard that police were reporting another unexploded device, and that they were doing a sweep.

8. Borla

JFK Library was just bombed too.

9. Baraka_Guru

Link? I'm still seeing mixed reports. Some are saying it's an unrelated fire.

10. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I want to follow this story, but it is terribly depressing and I haven't yet heard back from my friend in Boston. I'm not sure if he was running the race, but I'm sure he was at least watching it.

11. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

12. Baraka_Guru

13. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

14. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Cowards......

• Like Like x 1
  15. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

there's a lot of confusion in the interwebs still about what has been going on. sitting on my couch in the treefort offers no privileged space for contemplation of such things...there was a fire earlier at the jfk library, but lately that's either been revised to be maybe linked or something else has happened.

i've been looking at this:
    Boston Marathon explosions: two dead and 23 injured – live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk

which is a bit saner than more immediately invested sources so far as i can tell.

16. Borla

That story changed too. Obviously reporters trying to break the story, and in today's world that sometimes means reporting before it's accurate. The link is down and now they are saying unrelated.

17. this is tragic.

From whats reported here, the bomb went off at the finish line, 4hrs 09mins 44secs, which is when a large percentage of runners finish.

why??

18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This is awful. First thing I do when I get out of work is scroll through Facebook, and this was just starting to hit. I had a staff meeting directly after, but a couple of us spent most of it scrolling through the news.

I hope if any of you have loved ones or friends in the Boston area that they are okay.