1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Bad (on AMC)

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Jetée, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

As it currently constructed, this is both the best crime/drama series on television, (you may respectfully disagree, though not here; although, I do love the concept behind Argument Wednesdays) yet also the one that I feel receives the least amount of buzz, as filtered through discussion/reactions and theories, as well as fan commentary.

-- (to wit: If I am remembering it correctly, I started the last 'Breaking Bad' thread on the old server, and that was somewhere in the neighbourhood of just 18 months or less, back-tracking.)

A theory as to why this may be, is that we all enter a silent, brooding stage when encapsulated in viewing this series regularly, that we also completely forget to reassociate with the inner-selves within us all that receives positive vibes to share our thoughts and opinions of what we just recently digested? Just a random, reallocated thought.

Perhaps if the impetus were started anew, then the pings and plays off one another in the community will help further this topic's aim to discuss the merits of this one-on-of-kind series. So, in an effort to foster the due discussion that other shows (of the ilk of Mad Men, Dexter and even The Big Bang Theory) receive, I'd like this topic to gain some momentum, and run off into the sunset smoking, hopefully, with a head-full of steam.

my compulsory topic-ture (of: what I deem to be my favourite line ever uttered by the main character)
    [​IMG]
    Graphic by Matt Anthony Uy

- - -

I actually dawdled away the time, as I received a reminder that the series started anew via a timely new podcast discovery about a week back, which actually is pretty good at filling in the blanks and revisiting past themes and moral consequences. I highly recommend subscribing to it, and listening shortly thereafter watching each subsequent weekly premiere (we are allready halfway through the first half of the final season!). Thus, this idea of jump-starting the vacancy of Breaking Bad conversations has been implanted for more than a week now, at its most apparent.

It, also, initally caught my immediate attention by playing off my favourite line uttered by Walter White, as I re-iterate, in the entirety of the series' storyline. (I actually do gravelly impressions of it when I receive the spark to remember the line)

- - -
    + bonus
    For those wondering, this response is in direct tandem to the above spoiler, as well as the show creator's & executive producer's initial idea to create a ground-breaking television series where the protagonist turns into the antagonist (and jumping off from where season 4 ended, and where season 5 plans to end, we will be anticipating the full culmination of this plot's realisation).

from Season 4, Episode 6 of Breaking Bad, "Cornered"

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Um. Well. I enjoyed the show very much. I have finished season 4 and will either go over to watch season 5 on dvr at my daughter's. Or wait for season 5 to arrive on netflix.

It truly is a groundbreaking show. Not only for its themes and character development, but for its photography and editing, as well. But it's funny, you know, I've never thought of it as a crime drama. Now that you put it that way, I go, 'well, yes, of course.' But if someone were to ask me before what my favorite crime drama was, I would say 'The Wire' without hesitation. This show I guess I thought of as something different altogether...although, now that I think about it, I'm hard-pressed to name it. Which is, I guess, a pretty good quality for a show to have.

I have cried for Jesse and I have absolutely wanted to jump through the screen and throttle Walt senseless...or even dead. That bastard. Argh. That there is also a pretty good commendation because, while I watch a lot of shows, rarely do I get as emotionally involved as I did in this one.

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I watched the first episode once (ugh, cat tongue on the arm feels like sandpaper) and liked it. Never have made it back to the show but I did see that it was netflix streaming.

4. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

The character development on this show is second to none, in my opinion.

If you've seen all the way to the episode that aired tonight, watch the first episode again. It's shocking how far these characters have come along because it has been so fluid and believable every step of the way.

I love a great story with characters that I can care about and this show has definitely delivered.

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love, love, LOVE this show. There are few that we wait for with such excitement... It's just the twisted-as-fuck directions that these people go to survive. Of course, it's incredibly difficult for me to see Bryan Cranston in anything else now without seeing Heisenberg. Since he took over directing, it's reached a new level of sheer mind-blowingness.

6. I just finished the 4th season and I am sad that I have to wait until the 5th season comes out on DVD/streams on netflix. I don't think I can wait that long. I watch Malcolm in the Middle last night and I must say that Bryan Cranston is so freaking versatile. He's hilarious as Hal and well..not so much as Walt.

I've never really bought Walt and Skylar as a couple. She kind of annoys me...maybe she's supposed to though.

7. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Here is just a few of the recaps I caught up with since the mid-day, (interspersed) beginning with...

[audible] The Ones Who Knock S5E3 — "Hazard Pay" (I'm an episode behind, no surpise here, but will catch up during bedtime)

[article] Breaking Skyler White - Forbes

[diversionary glance] Breaking Badass Power Rankings: 'Fifty-One'

- - -
    + bonus: [Visual of Interest]

I don't usually like to share clips or pics that I know have a high likelihood of being unattributed/source unknown; or worse, being taken down by DMCA tattling, but this was superb interpersonal dialogue, dilemmas, and dire circumstances. Can be taken as a whole scene without any real conflict in story or timeline of circumstance. (from last night's premiere)

Intense shit.

-- to note: personal fanservice moment (retort!) @ 1:36 Yeah! - victory without a plan, and sans Heisen-magic

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

That scene made last night's episode, Jetee.

Everything else was just a build up to that moment, and when it went down, I was utterly glued to my TV.

That doesn't happen too often...

9. aabbccbbaa2

aabbccbbaa2 Vertical

I liked the dude in the wheelchair very much (blew himself up with Gus in the retirement home) :D

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

One of my favorite shows. Kind of sad this is the final season.

11. flat5

flat5 Vertical

RIP
    Great show
    I was happy with the ending
    guess I'm talking to myself again

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I was happy with the ending as well. So many shows throw all the character traits of their main characters for the series finales anymore*cough, Dexter, cough, cough.* BB seemed go out "right" to me.

• Like Like x 1