1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Captain America: The First Avenger

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Zen, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I saw this a couple of nights ago and recommend it:
    [​IMG]

Time was given for character development, which was painstaking and consistent.

At no point did Heroism lose sight of Realism

Mostly.

It sucks you in, then spits you out, but not before thoroughly chewing.

Ewww

... I suck at 'saying things about movies' ... but I Do think it's good, and I do recommend it :D

2. geeza New Member

I'd give it 6/10, not close to Iron Man, but better than Iron Man 2. Then again, what wasn't.....

3. fill23ca

fill23ca Vertical

I really enjoyed it. Being Canadian, I never read Captain America much. But I had fun watching this. 7/10

4. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I brought my son to see this on his birthday. He was glued to his seat with his eyes wide open. Not many movies can do that. I enjoyed it as well. I knew nothing about Captain America. It was interesting to me see how the character developed and the time period it took place.

5. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I loved it, thought it was very well done and seemed to have tried to appeal to a more international audience.... and the preview for the Avengers at the end of the movie made me want to see more....

6. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

hated it. granted i have yet to see Thor, the only movies i liked were Iron Man 1 and 2. don't get me wrong, i love everything Art Deco and 40s related, but the movie itself was kind of cheesy. also, his shield isn't made of "vibranium" or whatever, its adamantium. take it from a guy whose girlfriend loves the capt. more than she loves her boyfriend :)

7. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I liked it better than Thor, but X-men was better. I am hoping "The Avengers" lives up to it's impossible hype.

8. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Did anyone wait until the end of the previews? If so, we were given a special surprise.

9. EventHorizon

people have known that the avengers were coming out the moment nick fury mentioned the "avenger initiative" but its too many different personalities in one movie. if they're going to fit all of them in, they'll all seem like lesser characters which sucks because they're all awesome

• Like Like x 1
  10. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

Saw it with some friends the weekend it came out and was impressed by it.

The question is...did anyone stay for the Avengers trailer after all of the credits?

I'd say about half of the audience stayed at the screening I saw and it was pretty cool.

11. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

That's my concern too. Unless they make it a very long movie, in which case, I guess they could get a little deeper into them.

12. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I'm thinking they really don't need to do too much diving into the characters. I mean they've all had their own movies at this point (some of them 2 or more.) I think all of them thrown into the mix is going to be tough to deal with though. It will be interesting to see how it's handled non the less.

13. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers. /me jizzed in my pants.

14. EventHorizon

maybe maybe if they pull a Transformers 3 and turn it into one giant fight scene, it'll be cool but if they make any drama between the characters, it'll be hopeless because at the rate they crank out movies, most of the actors will be kind of old when it comes time to make the third avengers movie. make it one big fight scene and have the very end be another wave of new enemies rolling in for a fight before flashing a black screen and "The Avengers" across the screen. if people are really that interested, let them read the comic books

15. bermuDa

bermuDa New Member

I watched it with a friend in the theater and we found ourselves randomly exclaiming "science!" when someone stupid or inexplicable was said or done, like "this serum magnifies whatever is inside of you." Or the whole random thing with the magic power cube. I don't know much about the original canon but a lot of it seemed to come in from left field.

There was much exclaiming throughout this movie, but it was overall a so-so superhero flick. Not my favorite but not the worst either.

16. raist

raist New Member

I enjoyed it but didn't love it. Honestly, think its just due to the fact I never really followed Captain America much, because I cant really find anything I would consider flawed in the movie.

So far the movie that suprised me this year was Xmen First class. I wasn't sure what to expect when entering the theater and left it extremely impressed.