1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Charge receipts....save ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DAKA, May 6, 2016.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Do you save the credit card charge receipts for things like restaurants and small charges?
    I thinking that once the charge is made and it is entered there is no reason to save the small receipts.
    I do however save the receipts for larger items...appliances, etc

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Yes, but more out of habit than actually believing I need to save them; I just add them to the Shred Box. I did eventually break myself of printing the receipt when I pay at the pump.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I do, only because it saves me hundreds of dollars a year in taxes. #freelancelife

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I do for gas because I can expense that. I also do for travel and entertainment for work. Not for anything else.

5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I always go over my credit card bills and bank statements. I've found errors (mostly double charges) a few times. Last summer my favorite ice cream place charge me $21.19 for a $2.19 scoop of ice cream.

6. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I just look to make sure the amount charged is correct...I figure that once it goes "in" that's it.....handled by computers.....