1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Chips and other snacks

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Feb 26, 2016.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

What are your favorite snacks?

I recently came across Beanitos. Yum. Absolutely delicious. They feel more substantial, more like a little meal.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I've never heard of those, but man, I wanna try some now.

An old favorite of mine is Ritz crackers with sharp cheddar cheese. Om nom nom. I have a hard time staying within "snack" limits on those, though, so I don't have them very often. Sargento snack sticks are a go-to, and I like plain popcorn (which I also share with my dogs on occasion.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I love Beanitos!

Also, depending on who you ask, you can actually consider them good for you.

They're high in protein and fibre, especially compared to potato and tortilla chips.

Honestly though: I think they taste more delicious.

• Like Like x 3
  4. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I really, really like rice cakes. This mainly stems from when I was really sick and rice cakes were one of the few things that I could consistently keep down.

I eat a lot of crispy minis: [​IMG]

They're a bit like chips but better in nearly every way. The dill pickle ones are the best as long as you don't plan on kissing anyone afterwards.

I actually like the No Name version better because they're puffier.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

ive never herd of those. my downfall is beef jerky. I love me some jerky. I used to make venison jerky but my dehydrator broke.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Trader Joe's sells a tortilla chip made with soy and flaxseed that I love. For regular tortilla chips, we always buy Juanitas.

I like the Orville Redenbacher Naturals popcorn on occasion.

I mix together almonds and coconut chips, and those have been my go to for work.

Also, we always have Babybel cheeses around.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wye

wye Getting Tilted

The product development possibilities for "puffed" snack food manufactured with twin screw extruders are nearly endless. Beanitos seems to have a really nice portfolio marketed with a great graphics, but unfortunately for a scientific idealist like me, their non-GMO certification is discouraging. The rice chips are PepsiCo products, and I've noticed that this company doesn't generally make many misinformed health claims. They seem to be manufactured for Canada only, and there are other flavors on their website which I find more appealing.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm fond of tortilla chips & salsa, also the original crunchy Cheetos. When I get one of my weird munchy cravings I like the fried onions, the kind normally used for cooking.

9. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Dude, I am sure you can make jerky the old fashioned way... with the sun or use a stove.
    Me too Chris, chips and salsa and crunchy Cheetos. Fritos for chili

10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Terra Chips
    Dang coconut pieces
    Enjoy Life mega chips with dried coconut, dried fruit, and nuts
    Dip-cut carrot chips
    Plantain chips... The natural ones and the crazy lime-chili ones
    Cassava chips
    Dried fruits of all kinds

I'm always looking for paleo carbs that I can munch on between appointments and add to salads or proteins to complete my blocks for meals and snacks. I'm a crunch addict... If I don't have access to the above, I will do small amounts of Lundberg rice chips... They're the bomb. Especially the lime-chili and barbecue flavors. But they do make me feel kinda blargh if I go too far.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Snacks get dangerous at work, but I do try to keep at least a handful around so I don't starve before the end of my 11 hour days.

Dried mango is my kryptonite, lately.
    Almonds + dried apricots
    Apple chips
    Fruit leather
    Pita chips
    Naan chips (these are not really "good" for you, but hot damn are they tasty)

• Like Like x 1
  12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I know this isn't really a snack but it tends to be my snack of choice.

Dark chocolate covered espresso beans.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Speaking of kryptonite...

• Like Like x 3
  14. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am big fan of peanut M&Ms.

Not a savoury snack person, but when I am, I like Salt and Vinegar chips.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If you like popcorn, try mixing a small bag of those into a large bowl of popcorn some time. Thank me later. :p

• Like Like x 3
  16. This is a favorite in our house:

[​IMG]
    I started calling them Pea Snacks and The Destroyer always wants these...or pizza.

We also make our own nut/seed mix. (Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds and some dried cranberries.) That's the Destroyer's after daycare snack.

DaddySquirrel LOVES chips. We don't buy them because they don't last long in the house if we do.

I am a Mikesells fan. Not found in Oregon, but I load up whenever I go to Ohio.

[​IMG]

I am a sweet with salty kind of person, so this is my ULTIMATE favorite:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Every time I go to the movies. It's my regular. :)

Learned from @fresnelly.

• Like Like x 2
  18. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I miss Grippos BbQ chips! They are so very different flavored from any other BBQ chip! I got a giant (and cheap) box of the little bags once on a whim, and ended up loving them. Mikesells is good, too, from the few times we got them at Jungle Jim's. Oh,man, I miss Ohio's food. GoldStar Vegetarian Chili! Skyline bean burritos! Mmmmm...

• Like Like x 2
  19. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Oh, man. Grippo's chips are SO GOOD.

Every time I go up to Ohio I eschew calorie counting and eat all the wonderful Ohio junk food that I can't get down here. Gold Star, Frisch’s, LaRosa's, Grippo's & Mikesells, Cassano's pizza, UDF milkshakes. Yum.

• Like Like x 2
  20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Not sure where to post this, so here goes.
    When I buy beef I also ask for the organs. However I struggle with liver. So I have been unsuccessful in reducing the potent flavour and smell.
    I am wanting to try making liver jerky, there are many recipes. Any help from my friends here would be great.

• Like Like x 1