1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coconut Oil - Safe for Adult Use (as a Lube)

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by tawnebachus, Feb 14, 2014.

?

Have you heard about using coconut oil as a personal lube before reading this article?

1. Yes - and I've tried it

23.1%
  2. Yes - but I haven't tried it

15.4%
  3. No

61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tawnebachus

tawnebachus New Member

As a rule, you should try to keep the coconut oil in your kitchen, seperated from the coconut oil in your bedrooom. In fact, it is recommended that you keep a large container in your kitchen and a smaller container in your bedroom. Doing this will permit you to use the coconut oil container in your kitchen to refill the container in your bedroom, with no threat of cross contaminating your food. As well, if you use coconut oil in your bedroom with more than one partner, using a spoon to remove small amounts will also help prevent cross-contamination.
    To help ease concern about coconut oil for adult use, I am happy to report that several Doctor’s have recommended coconut oil for internal use:

1. Undated from healthtap, but appearing there on February 10, 2014, Dr. Pamela A. Pappas reported that virgin, coconut oil “should be fine” as a sexual lubricant, both vaginally and anally as well as for the pores, skin and reproductive system. (1)

2. Undated from healthtap, but appearing there on February 10, 2014, Dr. Joel Gallant reported “Coconut oil is fine as a lubricant, but it will not kill sperm or prevent pregnancy. It also should not be used with latex condoms. Use only water-based lubricants with condoms.” (2)

3. Undated from healthtap, but appearing there on February 10, 2014, Dr. Alfredo Nieves reported that using coconut oil as a lubricant is “Not a problem.” Additionally, he encourages usage in “small amounts” and “washing well after intercourse”. (3)

4. In October 2011, Dr. Jen Gunter, MD wrote…

"Many couples need/prefer lube during sex. However, many commercial lubricants can be irritating (or just aren’t quite right). Ingredients that many women find irritating are alcohol (most gel based lubricants) and glycerin and paraben (most water based lubes), never mind the stuff they add for smell and taste.

A great option for those who find commercial lubes irritating or are troubled by the fact than many of the ingredients remain unpronounceable to everyone but organic chemists is coconut oil." (4)

5. In March 2013, Dr. Sara Celik, leading Naturopathic Doctor and Detox Expert in Canada, wrote…

“It’s probably the best organic lubricant for enhancing sexual pleasure and protecting your sexy parts from STD’s.”

At that time, she also reported that …

“One study showed using a lubricant was associated with a more than threefold greater risk of acquiring a sexually transmitted infection. Avoid creating a breeding ground for yeast and other pathogens by switching from commercial lubricants, which can be toxic to cells and tissues, to all natural coconut oil.” (3)

So, have fun and use your imagination with coconut oil.

Please note that coconut oil should not be used with latex condoms as it has been reported to break them down.

Cited:

(1) Healthtap Article # 612244 "are-there-any-long-term-drawbacks-to-using-virgin-food-grade-coconut-oil-as-a-sexual-lubricant-both-vaginally-and-anally-pores-skin-reproductive" by Dr. Pamela A. Pappas. And, appeared there on February 10, 2014.

(2) Healthtap Article # 1079556 "can-i-use-coconut-oil-as-lubricant-for-sex-more-pain-at-my-first-time-sex-for-to-open-hymen-membrane-will-it-kill-sperm-or-affects-become-pregnant" by Dr. Joel Gallant. And, appeared there on February 10, 2014.

(3) Healthtap Article # 268168 "is-it-safe-to-use-coconut-oil-as-a-lubricant" by Dr. Alfredo Nieves. And appeard there on Febraury 10, 2014

(4) Dr Jen Gunter's Blog Article "2011/10/31/coconut-oil-a-natural-lube" on October 31, 2011. And, appeared there on December 12, 2013.

(5) Eligible Magazine dot com "2013/03/14/lube-up-with-coconut-oil". And, appeared there on January 14, 2014.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Interesting idea.

But @tawnebachus you might want to put your own thoughts and intro into a thread that you create,
    not just a copy/paste of an article. Someone might think you have an agenda...

Besides, it's just good thread etiquette.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

4. NobleDeb

NobleDeb Getting Tilted

Agenda
    --- merged: Feb 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM ---
    Agenda

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  5. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Oh, this looks good

6. rogue49

Well, it certainly doesn't help when your avatar looks like a pharmaceutical logo... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. NobleDeb

NobleDeb Getting Tilted

Yeah this looks good but what I want to know is; How does it taste?
    I wonder if tawnebachus would want to go down on me if I apply coconut oil to my sexy parts.
    Or do you think he is just a shameless promoter of the stuff?

• Like Like x 2
  8. hamsterball

Hmmmm, that's a tough one, @NobleDeb. Maybe we should ask them

9. rogue49

Well, if you put it that way...I'll volunteer for trial testing. ;)
    It's a sacrifice...but I'll give it my best.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NobleDeb

NobleDeb Getting Tilted

Volunteers are always welcome.
    Must 18 or older.
    Sometimes sacrifices are necessary in the name of science.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I don't know what all is in water based lube other than water, and I'm not sure licking it would be that good. But this is an interesting topic and something I had never thought of before. I can understand why other oil based lubes from chemical processes wouldn't be good, hopefully people are looking into the reality of what happens using natural lubricants through medical research and trials.

12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

If coconut oil is safe to use, and it tastes good, why not?

We sometimes need lube, and one of my gripes (a minor gripe) is not being able to have a taste once the lube is applied. Oral, intercourse, oral, intercourse can be very effective for her increasing her pleasure and delaying my orgasm.

And there could be enjoying some coconut cream pie.

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm just not into putting things in my vagina that could become rancid. Coconut oil spoils.

14. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Been on some bad dates I take it?;)

15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Nope. I'm just cautious and clean.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hamsterball

Just one of the many reasons that you're adored.

:)

17. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Coconut oil goes rancid quickly at elevated temperatures, such as those it would encounter in/on the human body. I would give extra virgin coconut oil maybe an hour at best at that temperature. When rancid, it becomes nasty. A very thorough shower after its use would be critical. I wouldn't want to limit my love-making to that kind of a time-frame. As much as I love coconut oil, I wouldn't use it for this application.

I regularly use coconut oil to lubricate my nipples prior to expressing my milk. I keep a small container with my breast pump and refill it twice weekly from the tub-o- coconut oil that I store in the refrigerator. Long-term storage of coconut oil at room temperature is a no-no, it goes bad far too quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I was thinking beyond a shower. No one wants a funky cervix.
    As things get slipping and sliding around inside, that stuff's going to go up far...

Man, I hate having a vivid imagination. Blargh. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  19. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Good point! Eww!!

20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

well that's scientific. :rolleyes: