1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Collective Commons] Webcomics, Comic Strips & Amusing Panels

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Jetée, May 21, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson

In a previous incarnation: Post a webcomic - originally started by LordEden

Looking to begin this compendium once again - the one where the entire community can come in, choose their preferred drawn/created comic, and smile for a brief moment in their day. Moreover, this topic will become bigger and better the more divergent the participants, so please, if you can, aid me in fostering the funny by providing your favourites.

To add, I would also like to adopt the previous template for posting/sharing: if you would like to participate, I strongly suggest hosting the image on a reliable picture hoster, (ie Photobucket, Picasa, Imgur, et. al.) as opposed to simply hotlinking it, so that the share does not disappear in the future; providing the website link and/or author's name to the particular piece so that everyone has a fair opportunity to seek out more of the ilk from the source; and if you would like, you can choose to add a brief bio of the author, or the description that is attached to the webcomic that you found (most usually include one).
    Participation is welcome, and commentary or discussions on a particular panel/comic is encouraged.

Let's begin:

[​IMG]
    {click to enlarge} “Potentes, Prepotentes E Impotentes” (excerpt, 1989) by Quino

topical trivia: (last line uttered, translated)
    "...Then they say that one can no longer live (fully) in this country!"

2. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    about the author:

[jedsundwall.]

3. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

[​IMG]
    'Come to what?' 'You. Me. This moment.'

xkcd by Randall Munroe

5. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Friday 4Koma 第103話
    (it was supposed to be a seamless segue)

author's comments:
    Staring for prolonged amounts of time can cause permanent damage.

What is Omake Theater?

Omake Theater is a unique collection of parody animations and comics that poke fun at topics from all corners of the pop culture universe.

How often is content updated?
    Omakes, or the animated shorts, currently have no set schedule, but new updates will appear on Mondays. Comics, a.k.a. Friday 4Koma (金曜日4コマ, “Friday Four Frames”), are updated every Friday.

Why are there little to no words in any of the omakes and comics?
    The thought behind Omake Theater was to create enjoyable content that transcends the language barrier. Rather than create individual content in multiple languages, the stories and humor of the pieces are visually driven.

Why are there question marks or squares after certain text?
    Depending on which web browser you use and/or whether you have the Japanese language packet installed on your computer or not you may see question marks or squares on certain areas of the site. This is simply Japanese text that your browser or computer does not currently support.

When did Omake Theater launch?
    Omake Theater officially launched on November 20, 2009.

6. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

7. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

8. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Something that comes up pretty often is this question: “Are the Adventure Time comics canonical?”
    Here’s the short answer:

Pretty much!

Here’s the longer, more satisfying answer!
    The initial outlines, final scripts, and finished comic pages all go to Pen for approval, and there’s certain scenes that we go back and forth on together. In Issue 4 (out now!), there’s a page (and you’ll know it when you see it) that actually took several drafts because we wanted to make sure it was perfect AND would fit in with not just with what’s been aired (the easy part) but also with what’s GOING to be aired a few seasons out (the harder part!).

(There was actually one detail that we changed just before the issue went to print, as the show writers had just come up with an awesome idea for an episode that would’ve contradicted this page in a minor way. The bottom line is this: we want everything to fit. We want the comic to be like an episode of the show, and for nothing to jar you out of that! )

THAT SAID, the show writers will always write the best show they can, just as I’m trying to write the best comic I can, and if they come up with something that’s awesome only it’s contradicts Issue 7 Page 5 Panel 2 of the comic… they’re still going to do it, and so they should!

So yeah, the comics are as canonical as possible, and we put a lot of work into making sure that everything fits! But future episodes might contradict something, and then we’ll say “Hey, they’re still canonical, but Abracadaniel spilled just some some magic on that one page of the comic and changed all our memories of it and that’s why it doesn’t make sense anymore!!”

tl;dr: a wizard did it

[ryannorth.]

Last edited: May 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Spiritsoar

10. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

11. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Battlepug, by Mike Norton.

author bio:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    [* -] by David Farley (originally posted on May 17, 2000)

about:
    The Doctor Fun Page

- - -
    + bonus

in a previous incarnation + initial context to previous linking

13. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

14. Spiritsoar

[​IMG]
    Overcompensating by Jeffrey Rowland

15. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

16. clavus

clavus New Member

A little something I did, though it is copyright, not CC.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Tales of the Emerald Yeti
    , (Page 28) by Kenn Minter.

[thepercytrouthour.] + [beaucouppop.]

18. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  19. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

People often ask me what it takes to start a webcomic.

The real question is, do you want to start a webcomic because you love making comics,
    or are you in it for the babes and piles of money?​

[​IMG]
    You have to be in it for the babes and piles of money.
    That is the only reason to do it.
    “Liking comics” is not a good reason to start a webcomic.​

About the Author

[rosalarian.]

20. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled