1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

condoms.

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by mixedmedia, Oct 27, 2011.

1. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

So, tomorrow night is date night and I want to buy some condoms. Problem is, I have never purchased a condom in my life and I have no idea how to choose one. So I thought I would throw a dime into the TFP wishing well and see if I can get some suggestions as to preferred brands, types, features, etc.

Also, a question for the ladies, since you often cannot predict what, um, size condom-wearer you might possibly be dealing with beforehand, what size do you default to when purchasing condoms for 'just in case.'

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I usually just slap a dental dam on my smoothspot and it's party time.

No, really... any major brand will work and short of climbing into the sack with a dude hung like a Subway sandwich, regular size will do just fine.

I use Durex ultra thin, myself. I haven't used a condom in a while, however, because I keep my woman chained up in the apartment. Monogamy.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

4. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I have a permanent condom. Vasectomy'd!

But yeah, I always preferred Durex over Trojan when I was forced to wear them.

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Newsflash: Just because you take the magazine out of the gun doesn't mean it can't get dirty.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

The man speaks the truth. I was coming from a baby making perspective primarily ;)

7. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I got these condoms right before I started dating Cinn (I was on a hardcore dry spell before cinn) and they helped with the carrying around (ie. wear problem) with guys (keeping them in your wallet).

Trojan 2 Go.

Hard shelled, two condoms in separate holders. Keeps them from getting damaged.

8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

And by "dry spell" he means he didn't use any lube with those college girls we picked up when I went down for that one visit.

/totally bombs your cover story

• Like Like x 1
  9. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Actually, I am tubal ligation'd!
    So pregnancy isn't a worry for me, either. :)
    --- merged: Oct 27, 2011 5:29 PM ---
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. Shortly I will be driving over to the Walgreen's to buy some Durex Ultra Thin Regulars. Then, if things go well, I will be prepared for any spontaneous bouts of reverse date-rape that may occur during the 'walking on the beach' portion of our first date.

It's been a long time since I got laid. It's not too obvious, is it? :eek: <----- i actually do feel a little like this guy today.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

we are going to hear about the 'results' right?

11. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

well...not a blow by blow retelling, or anything :p

maybe I'll just make an announcement along the lines of: the eagle has landed.

private blogs. gotta have 'em.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Mmm, I think your code word for mission accomplished should be smorgasbord.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

very well. i expect you all to wish me a happy smorgasbord.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Lately, I have been using Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive, though I've heard really good things about their Skyn condoms (they are non-latex, too, so bonus if you happen to want to get it on with someone who has a latex allergy). We also use Trojan Ultra Thins. I don't like ribbed condoms AT ALL, so the Trojan Pleasure Pack got vetoed when the man suggested it. (Fire & Ice? I DON'T WANT THAT NEAR MY VAGINA!)

For what it's worth, I've only ever been with two guys who really required larger condoms than the "standard" size, and one of those was questionable on it being necessary, too. Go with something latex in a standard size and it will fit something like 95% of the guys you'll meet, I think.

15. I really think you should blog the entire evening. And yes, that includes blow by blow. :p

Have fun.

BTW - I just walk around Walgreens with a box of Magnums in my hand just to impress people. Especially if I see someone I know. Never have bought them, though.

• Like Like x 3
  16. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

reminds me of Now I'm sterile... from clavus

buy magnums to give him a complex....you know you only accept big and if you don't call again, he'll know why.

I assume that any will do. I never really understood things like ribbed for her pleasure or rough rider... but I wasn't on the receiving end.

17. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

ribbing does nothing for me. i don't get it either. I have used toys that have 'ribbing' and it just feels like one of those latin percussion instruments, what are they called, wait...the guiro.

[​IMG]

why anyone would want to feel that going on in their vagina, I do not understand.

i do like a nice ribbed turtleneck sweater, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

When a regular size condom does not fit as in it is too small, you'll know. Once I had that experience both I and the guy stocked up on magnums.

I would avoid buying any with spermicide without telling the guy first that it is there - I know some guys prefer using them but that is one of those situations where the guy will probably want to go wash the spermicide off after the fun time is over, so its not sitting on skin forever. First time I've ever had a guy race me to the bathroom after sex.

19. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I didn't see this before, yes they gotta have them. I have even offered the developer cash incentives and door prizes.

are guys also allergic to the stuff?

20. Cypher

Cypher New Member

I find that the ribbed condoms arent really ribbed. there are very tiny little rivets around the condom that are almost impossible to feel.
    I dont know why no one mentions this, but you have to factor in the amount of skin you have when you get condoms. The more skin you have the more condom you need. (ie. cut vs uncut)
    Trojans smell funny when you have sex but they never break. I've used plenty of other condoms that have broken though.