1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown timer

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by cynthetiq, Aug 9, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Wok asked me the other day why we had a countdown timer to "Shopping days left until Christmas." I stated that it was because I could not think of another use for it. I liked the numbers counting down. The animation is neat.

So I asked him if he thought it should be counting down to something else like when he leaves Colorado. When he told me the date, I changed it to "World's King Leaves Colorado"

Anyone have anything coming up that is different and interesting?

I'm going to India in just over 1 week for a 2 week business trip. There is lots to do before I go and I'm on a tight deadline since I have to be on that plane.

2. We're expecting Nappy-lish in about 8 weeks, although i cant tell you an exact date because its not the way things work in the world of reproduction. Baby-lish was 5 days early, so i dont know how you could manipulate the countdown timer for such an event.

Ill have to come up with something elsei guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Right now, I'm thinking "countdown to preseason football", but that's just my household.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Shopping days until Christmas is important :cool:

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

What about "Nappy-lish is due"? Isn't there an actual due date at least? It's kind of important. I'd like this as a countdown.

6. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

How about days until Lish can sleep through a whole night again?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Please, no more Christmas. Anything but that. I don't want to think about Christmas in August :(

Since I'm a baseball fan, how about Days Until the World Series? October 19th, I believe. Or until Dragon*Con :D

8. EyeSeePeeDude

... Or BlizzCon... ;)

9. I'm all about me...so days until Sept. 4th. I'll be 30. 1:08 am to be exact.

The Nappylish thing is cute, but not an exact science. What if the spawn doesn't adhere to the countdown?

Definitely NOT Christmas. 1) It's a ridiculous commercial time of year straying way to far from the original point of the holiday and 2) not everyone on here is Christian.

10. i agree..nappy-lish thing cant be pinned down. i think the date is 10th october. Its too far away and unpredictable..

11. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

How about listing all the above events, we add to the list, sort them according to date and time.

Then as each event gets to zero, reset to countdown to the next event.

And give the person who volunteers to operate this procedure some "Service to TFP" award ... maybe Avatar status = "Warden of the Tilted Timer"

12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Wait, "Days until the Next Armageddon" would get us until when in 2012?

13. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

That might be fun.

14. Yes, this.

15. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Please just change it to something.... World's King is already suffering from a heat stroke.... Sheesh....

16. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

R.R. Martin's next book? Wait... no.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EyeSeePeeDude

Keeper of the Sands of Time... I'm in :)

18. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I vote for the next US presidential election date...

19. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

And the next UK Government Election Date :mad:

:(

And on a lighter note ....
    MUCH better than 'warden of the tilted timer', which sounds more like a Gilbert and Sullivan song, complete with a chorus echoing the last line of each verse ...

While looking for a good position
    Administering a worthy mission
    Nothing could I find sublimer
    Than Warden of the Tilted Timer
    Nothing could he find sublimer
    Than Warden of the Tilted Timer

Tral bloody lah.

Keeper of the Sands of Time, however, is already on the verge of being the title of a jolly good movie, and the punchline of some deep-voiced trailer-sound bytes.

Really rolls of the tongue! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If I make a thread for my next homebrew, can you count down the days until it's tapped?