1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboys and Aliens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 27, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

That scrolly thing at the bottom of the screen that shows recent entertainment things.... it's neat. Does one simply start a post in Entertainment discussing a topic with a photo and it magically appears? I'm going to have to test this theory out.

Oh, and I want to see this movie. I like cowboys. I also like aliens. The two united should be interesting.

3. cynthetiq

Yes it takes the image in the entertainment section and includes it in the rotation.

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I can't wait for this one. I don't care that it got crappy reviews.
    I dislike cowboys... can the aliens win?
    I usually root for the ninjas.

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I can't decide if I think this is just corny, or corny enough to be funny. I'll be interested to hear what anyone thinks.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hey, at least it has eyecandy. I too would be interested in a review, but admittedly, I'm just as interested in eyeballing Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.

7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I hope I am as cool as Harrison Ford when I am 69 years old, for sure.

8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Whatever it is, he still has it.

9. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I have such a man crush on Harrison Ford.

I hope this movie rocks. It has such potential to be great.

10. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

This movie has great great ravings and horrible reviews. Just for that split alone I want to see the movie. I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow..

11. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I liked it personally. Although I didn't like it as much as I should have. I felt it should have been WAY more tongue and cheek than it was. I mean Cowboys and Aliens.... You can't take that seriously....

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

It's probably going to be terrible. I know this. But I still want to drool over Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig, so I WILL see it...even if I have to go alone. :)

13. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

I usually check Ebert and Rotten Tomatoes before seeing a film, and they're both luke-warm to say the least. I'm holding out for Planet of the Apes next week. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the whole humanity mistreats animals and gets our comeuppance thing.

14. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I'm very torn about Planet of the Apes.... I want to see how they are going to get that ball rolling, but at the same time I remember how mediocre the last one was....

15. cynthetiq

It was a fun movie. I liked it. It was a summer ride that was different than all the other movies out there meaning it was original but still had some hackneyed show points like Act 1 can't shoot a gun, Act 2 learn, Act 3 use it at crucial moment.

16. Carbonic

Carbonic Getting Tilted

I enjoyed it. It's certainly not going to win any awards, but it's a fun summer movie and it's not horrible like Transformers.

17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Will either of you two start another movie rate thread, please?
    I haven't seen any movies recently.

18. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

At least when he was able to finally shoot, he did it when it counted the most!

19. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I really disliked it......Firefly did "Cowboys and Aliens" better. Sam Rockwell is always fascinating to watch, even in a throwaway role. The first 30 minutes were promising, but the last battle repeated itself over and over.

20. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I read a terrible review online and thought - "I have to see that". All too often I have despised critically aclaimed films and really enjoyed some of the 'stinkers' like Dude, Where's my car?. Seeing Brent Spiner in a very non-Data role was worth it alone, but I liked most of the rest of it as well.