1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter (Use spoiler tags for anything that hasn't aired yet)

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by fill23ca, Sep 18, 2011.

1. fill23ca

fill23ca Vertical

Just plowed through the first five episodes of Dexter, season one today. Couple people at work swore by it for the last couple years, so I finally gave it a shot.

My only thought....Why did it take me so long!!!!

Anyone else watch it?

No spoilers please.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I loved season one and have got no further in it because Netflix dropped it from the streaming selection as soon as I got halfway into episode one of season 2.
    I am very curious what happens beyond that point but am very carefully avoiding finding out as I want to find by watching it.

3. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

During the new seasons of Dexter, my SO and I literally plan our week around it. It is my glimmer of hope in an otherwise dark work week.

My eldest sister is also a die-hard Dexter fan, and the one that turned me on to it. She will usually call me the second an episode is over, and we sit there shrieking over the phone like 15 year old girls who just got asked to the junior prom by captain of the High School football team.

Yeah, Dexter is that good.

4. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Season 1 is fantastic. My only issue is that towards the end it kinda splits away from the book storyline.

I think seasons 2 & 3 were a little less enthralling. Season 4 was AMAZING though. Season 5 was very good as well. I'm looking forward to season 6 starting early next month!

5. Love love LOVE this show. Season 4 has been my favorite so far because john Lithgow was INCREDIBLE! Season 5 is in my Netflix queue. I almost want to get Showtime just for this show, but am patient enough to wait for when it comes on Netflix.

6. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

It's not my favorite (those are Archer and Entourage), but it's in my top 5 or 6...

7. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I love it. I shouldn't, because the writers spend the whole time explaining everything as if the audience is as smart as Cody (who is a real-life Ralph Wiggum*) but character development and interaction make it worthwhile.

* - "I had cotton candy for breakfast!"

8. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Dexter is in my wife and I's top 3 shows for sure. I quite liked last season as well. I was kinda hoping Julia Stiles would stay on as a recurring character - but I've always had a bit of a crush on her.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Apparently Michael Hall did, too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Although I thought it was okay, I wasn't as thrilled with last season's shows, as I was the previous seasons. I closely identify with the character of Dexter, except, of course, for all the killing.

11. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I enjoyed season 1 a lot! I thought the jumped the gun on the season 2 storyline, and the show should have ended at the end of season 4. Season 5 was forced and almost painfully bad, and I didn't even finish it, got about 2/3 of the way through and said "meh"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I just watched the season 6 premiere. Still a very solid show in my opinion. I thought it wasn't due out until Oct. but showed up on my laptop this morning.

13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

As tired as I thought it was getting in season 5, I still peg it up at the best show on TV right now. I should say the best show, that I have access to watch, I guess. I'm hopeful for season 6.

14. MontanaXVI New Member

I wat ched season 1 on Netflix and loved it. Someone at work let me borrow season 2 on DVD and that is all I have seen unfortunately.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

15. dippin Getting Tilted

I think the first 2 seasons were excellent, seasons 3 and 4 were very good, and season 5 was forgettable. So forgettable that judging from the leaked season 6 episode the writers actually forgot about it.

It is not the best show currently on television, but that is only because breaking bad is one of the top 3 or 4 shows in the history of tv.

16. Shauk

Shauk Vertical

season 4 was the best. Lithgow was so convincing to the point that I think i'd be intimidated to meet him in real life.

17. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Lithgow was certainly creepy as hell.

18. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

love every season. i alternate between dvd-by-mail and streaming on netflix and i always switch right to dvd-by-mail and tear through a whole season at a time. i look forward to every new one and haven't been disappointed at all so far.

i'm getting the last episode of season 5 today and am considering leaving work early for it.

19. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I just realised that Dexter was not in my Netflix que - just fixed that problem.

20. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I liked Dexter so much, I subscribed to SHOtime, after watching the first four seasons on Netflix. Lithgow was definitely the best season of the first four.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Debra is supposed to be so hot. She looks goofy to me, with very little feminine shape...