1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of the effects of economical intrests in oil etc.

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by bow35, Feb 29, 2012.

1. bow35

bow35 Vertical

Question: Can we trust our leaders? This video: Swedish company making oil-buisness with military regime in Sudan, resulting in genocide, and monney in the pocket for Swedish investers, big and small. My oppinion: No, One has to trust one's own way of seeing things

http://88.83.48.34/videos/video/570/

2. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    Please try again. This is an 1:20:05 video. You need to find a way to start a discussion about it. Maybe try finding articles about it and/or the topic and linking to those as well. For now, this thread is not worth keeping open.

3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

jazz would i get in trouble for making fun of bow35? i've got material aplenty just itching to get used

• Like Like x 1
  4. bow35

bow35 Vertical

I thought this thread was closed? I say shoot! Freedom of speach. I might learn something.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I think we all should know that giving lots of money to companies that make their money by drilling at any cost will lead to problems.

6. bow35

bow35 Vertical

Or even make a law against drilling for oil at any cost. Such a laws probably alredy excist. It's up to journalism to make sure theese laws is obeyd

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  7. EventHorizon

so no oil? period? tell it to the medical scientists using oil-based plastics in prosthetics. tell it to the people making condoms in an attempt to stop STDs. tell it to whatever your keyboard is made of and the insulation that keeps your wires from touching. tell it to elastic in babies' diapers. no more drilling = no more alot of shit you enjoy in your life

8. bow35

bow35 Vertical

drilling for oil and drilling for oil at any cost are two seperate things my friend. Any cost as in the cost of a genocide

9. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

No, it is reduce oil use now, or very expensive oil in the future. Plus, the people who are getting rich off our addiction do not have the same political mindset that I think is right. And you have the pollution, wars, and wasted money.

Anyways, we can't continue to use it at the rate we are using. It has to come to an end at some point. We can either gracefully switch over or fall off a cliff and have severe withdrawals.

10. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Yes you would.

11. EventHorizon

i can't say i'd be too bummed about this

12. bow35

bow35 Vertical

In oil buisness economical intrest often go before humanitarian intrests. That we shouldn't consume oil more than necessary is a whole other question.

13. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Someone is going to invent a new energy source. I think it is coming soon...

14. bow35

bow35 Vertical

The question is not the energy source. The question is the exploration: I quote here from the thread where I write from my heart: