1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do want v. awesome leather goods

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Borla, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/

I've salivated over this site for a long time. Unfortunately I can't find a solid need for anything on there that warrants spending that much money. I really love the duffel bag. However, I can't justify replacing a fairly new Samsonite carry-on that is practically bulletproof AND has great ergonomics (four wheel base, handles every direction, telescoping handle for pulling, exact max for carrying-on flights, etc.) for traveling weekly like I do. I've thought about the briefcases as a replacement to my laptop bag, but I have an awesome Solo bag that is almost 5 years old and looks almost brand new.

But something about the styling of most of those just speaks to me. I'm glad I already have a couple of really nice bags that have/should last years, but the frivilous side of me wishes I didn't so I could by one of those. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe sometime in the next 6-8 months when I get a tablet I'll grab one of these:

[​IMG]

2. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

ooohhh

me likey.

especially the last one.

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That second picture reminds me of Indiana Jones. Give it the dusty well traveled look and you would expect it hold his pistol and the latest relic the nazis/commies/whoever else is after.

4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I had a look at their website just now. I like brown, but only on my ties.

As a fan of black, these ones really appeal to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I just have to figure out how to order them so that they're delivered to my place.

PS: Does anybody know how to resize pictures?

5. Speed_Gibson

several ways to do it. One of the easier ways (in windows) is to use the quite versatile Irfanview
    Give me a minute and I can take a screencap or two. My personal choice is the GIMP but that is a bit overkill if your main goal is just resizing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Borla, do it. If you travel that much you put up with hardships and travel related crap that most people can't imagine. So it's nice to treat yourself every once in a while with some creature comforts. You can't justify it. So rationalize it. Tell yourself that you deserve it. It's a reward.

7. Speed_Gibson

in a separate post as 17 minutes is too long for an edit. Easy picture resizing - both dimensions and size. Actually file size is the screen after step two that I am not showing here.
    in the GIMP: Choose 'Scale Image'
    [​IMG]
    Which gives you this -
    [​IMG]

In Irfanview - choose 'resize/resample'
    [​IMG]
    which gives you this -
    [​IMG]

and to keep ontopic here - I prefer the black myself but would not have a problem with the brown leather. Brown looks better when it is leather compared to the cloth/fabric bags

8. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Those bags look NICE. I want the second bag on Borla's pics, but my Bag of Holding is doing the job and will be for quite a while.

Still, leather satchel? Real leather satchel? Awesome. I agree with Craven, do it and tell yourself you needed to. There is no other way.

9. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

All that leather is bringing out my inner cowboy.
    I'll take some saddle bags, leather riata, chaps, boots, valise and the saddle, please. While you're at it, a big rifle holster, too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Inner cowboy :D

11. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I love that travel bag, Borla. I was in Florence last year and bought a leather satchel that I used daily. There were tonnes of travel bags and I just about bought one. I am still kicking myself for not getting the overnight bag. It was very cool. I haven't seen another like it since.