1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever see yourself in TV/movie characters? Better yet, do OTHER people see you in them?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

My wife is convinced that I'm the bizarre love child of Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation), Jeff Bingham (Rules of Engagement), and when I'm serious, Don Draper (Mad Men).

Sorry, try that again with embedded video.

2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

My mother is fond of pointing out that I resemble "one of those kids from that Dead Poets Society movie", but in all these years has never bothered to learn the name of the actor because she's senile it's not high on her priority list. :rolleyes:

3. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Other than most folk saying that I'm a dead ringer for Tommy Lee Jones (oh yay ) my neighbour's son says that I remind him of Red from "that 7o's Show".

Again, Yay.

4. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

My favorite TV show is Bones.

When I mention this to casual acquaintances who are familiar with the show (like the patients I worked with at my last job), I usually get a reaction of "OMG YOU LOOK LIKE HER!" and people who are more familiar with me and my love of the show like to tell me I can be just like her (overly logical/awkward at times).

I don't mind the comparisons. :)

5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Aww God, my mom substituted Bones for Matlock for the show she most obsesses over. Where's the eyeroll smiley??

Luckily, I don't look like anyone famous or infamous.

6. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Nope. No one has ever said that about me. At least to my face. Which probably means I look like Abe Vigoda.

7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

People have told me that I look like a few different actresses. I think they're crazy. I look like me, thank you very much.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

For the record, my association with those characters was personality, not physical, Iwasn't terribly clear about that............but feel free to comment either way. :)

9. I've always thought that my personality and life is a spitting image of Rob Gordan from the movie high fidelity (played by john cusack). I don't really look like him but some of the things he says and does are totally me

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

11. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

I occasionally get "Hey, you look like that girl from Labyrinth!" When I go to nerdcons, I get accused of cosplaying Baroness (from the cartoons, not the recent movie). I'm not cosplaying, I just wear a lot of black.

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i had several teachers in high school that called me Ferris Bueler.

13. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

I personally like to think I look a bit like a white version of Cuba Gooding Jr. No one else ever says that to me though.

In terms of personality (and not much in looks obviously), I identified very strongly with the character of Charlotte in Lost in Translation

14. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

A couple of people a few years ago said I looked like Kevin Spacey.

I remind me of Tilda Swinson in Orlando.

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

When I was younger, people were always telling me that I looked like Tiffani Thiessen. My face has changed since then, and no one has really compared me with an actress since then.

16. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

I have about five different personalities depending on what mood I'm in or how stressed I am. No matter how I feel or what's on my mind, I feel obligated to only display one or maybe two of those personalities to people I'm around. And of those, I've recognized my primary one is a George Clooney-type charming, joking, and conversational type mixed with a little bit of Larry David critique and opinion-expressing from Curb Your Enthusiasm. The secondary personality resembles a depressed/mellow Robert DeNiro as Louis Gara from Jackie Brown. Looks, on the other hand...are a different matter, however.

17. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Of course they don't. If any of them ever saw my Dark Passenger, I'd be in deep shit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've been told I resemble the following:

Before I lost my baby face:
    1. Jon Bon Jovi
    2. Matt Damon

After I grew into my I'm-stuck-with face:
    1. Dr. Mark Greene in ER (Anthony Edwards)
    2. Dr. Niles Crane in Fraiser (David Hyde Pierce)
    3. Some younger, nerdy-looking cop in one of those forensic or tactical cop shows (I can't remember which one)

Resembling not in appearance but in demanour and personality:
    1. Stuart (aka the guy who runs the comic book store) in Big Bang Theory (Kevin Sussman)

These are in chronological order, which means that I'm likely descending into some kind of "classic nerd" persona.

I suppose the cardigan and pasty skin don't help.

19. Devoid

Devoid New Member

I find myself identifying with Dexter more often than I'm comfortable with. It's that combination of the murderous internal monologue and the lack of connection with 98% of humanity.

20. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

I can't tell you how many people have told me that the fat kid in Super 8 was me as a kid.