1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

double protection

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Lish, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Does anyone use double protection when it comes to sex?

Im not talking about just STD's and STI's here but for pregnancy as well?

have you used double protection? and why/why not? and what for?

I used to use double protection. I used to use a rubber and the mrs was on the pill. I was freaked out about having kids back then, and im probably even more freaked out about having a third now!

currently i only use a rubber, but im contemplating getting snipped because i dont want to take that risk. Once i do that im probably inclined to stay using a condom because a) 'just in case' and b) its easier to clean up

your thoughts?

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Heh, double-bagger.

With new partners? Always.

I don't play with women that don't use birth control pills.

She's gotta be down with protecting herself and down with getting rid of unwanted spawn.

You've got to have a third kid, Lish. I'm not having any and look at you--you're ideal Good Father material.

3. I dislike condoms, but will use them when the situation calls for it. Mostly, when the safety of one or the other of us is in direct jeopardy: I think she might not be clean, she's not on birth control (or has forgotten to follow up on her chosen method of birth control, whatever that may be), or in general when one or the other of us insists on using it.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Any man that doesn't use a condom and trusts the word of his new partner (on her status) and has that partner trust his word (on his status) is an idiot and should be spayed/neutered.

This is how people get the Surprise! Herpes. This is how people get a call a year later letting them know that they have a child support for the next two decades. Stupid human stuff.

For fuck's sake, wear a condom, gentlemen. Every time. Get tested for STDs regularly. You owe it to yourself. You owe it to your partners. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  5. And this is precisely what I meant by "when the situation calls for it."

Protection until I know for damn sure that I can trust the other person, and know for damn sure that she feels the same way. Like, in-a-serious-relationship levels of trust, and even then not always.

That doesn't mean I like using them.

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Yeah, I wasn't pointing my hatred of the rank and file guests of Maury toward you, brother. I'm sure you're a good soldier and always wear your helmet. And goggles. And kneepads. And SAPI plates.

Usually after I've been with a woman for a few months, we get his-'n-her STD tests and swap results. From there we move away from condoms and rely on the pill / IUD / fact that I don't have a penis.

Yeah, they suck major rubber weenie.

7. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

When I was younger, my first wife and I used condoms and birth control, because we both knew we weren't ready for children and wanted to be extra sure. Later on, she discovered (painfully) that she was developing an allergy to latex, so we stopped using them.

When we layer transitioned to an open relationship, I used condoms, and she kept some polyurethane ones on hand for others, even if they were too expensive for our regular use (and I dislike them even more than regular condoms)

8. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

My SO got an Implanon put in her left arm some 18 months ago, and it's been working beautifully.

Other than that we're not using anything. Given that we were virgins when we got together and did STD tests beforehand just to make extra sure, it's all good.

I'm not too fussed about a possible pregnancy. 99.9% protection is good enough for me, and if something does happen I'll probably just go with it.

9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Finally, my product is being accepted.

My exwife was wildly allergic to latex condoms. We always used the polyurethane ones. I liked them better, too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

It is a proven fact that using two condoms is worse than using one because it puts a strain on them and make them more subject to breakage. my wife had an IUD installed about a year and a half ago and it seems to be working.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Did you learn that on TFP?

*I-started-that-silly-thread grin*

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Maybe......maybe not...:rolleyes:

13. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

We don't use double protection - condoms only. I react badly to hormonal birth control, and since I might want to have kids within the next few years, the investment to get an IUD right now really doesn't seem worth it. Condoms have been working just fine and my boyfriend isn't bothered by them.

14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Yes, never "double-bag it."

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-8WTOdbbY

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

16. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

I disagree! ALWAYS double bag! One for her face and one for yours in case her's falls off!

17. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It's like you've never heard of doggy style before.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

it took me 30 minutes to find the NINJAJOB!!!

Thanks to Punk.Of.Ages.

[​IMG]

19. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Never double-bagged, as that's actually bad for the condoms, but in the past I did a couple of times date girls who could not use the pill for health reasons. With them, not only did I use a condom, but she used a diaphragm or cervical cap along with spermicidal jelly or foam.

• Like Like x 1
  20. First of all, I read the title as Double Penetration. Now I'm sad it's something else.

Second of all, my man and I obviously weren't using ANY protection. We were in a committed relationship, so no condoms. I was told that getting pregnant would be very difficult so I just didn't do the whole BC thing. Now I am 28 weeks pregnant. Go Me!

After I squeeze put little BabySquirrel, I'll be going on birth control. We probably won't do the condom thing too...but maybe if he really doesn't want another kid. (Ssssshh..I want two children, at least, unless I can't handle this one.)

• Like Like x 3