1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon*Con 2011

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by retrogunslinger, Sep 28, 2011.

1. retrogunslinger

retrogunslinger Vertical

Here are some fun photos from Dragon*Con. The girl and I went and got to see (and meet, in some cases) Sylvester McCoy, Lance Henriksen, William Shatner, Kate Mulgrew, Peter Mayhew, Brent Spiner, Wil Wheaton, Ralph Bakshi, and a number of other nifty peoples.

The picture of Kate Mulgrew (aka Captain Janeway from Voyager) was taken after the girl asked her if her relationship with 7 of 9 was strictly maternal. That was quite a good one. She can be seen next to Chewbacca, and I'm down below freaking out over the TARDIS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Those things always look like fun- I'm going to have to attend one somewhere down the road. :)

3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The mau5 on the escalator is at the wrong party. ;)

I went to the Star Trek convention in Vegas in August for a little while, it was interesting...

This almost seems like a pre-halloween party for geeks. It would be fun to go with the right group of people, and I did see the PBS show on it.

4. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

LMAO @ the escalator picture. That's pretty epic, as is rocket-boob girl.

5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

looks like william shatner is imitating smoking a fat one. lol

6. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

For some reason, I can't see the pictures....I've tried refreshing, reloading, restarting....nothing :(

Lordeden and I were there, as well. It was awesome.

7. Did you meet Jennie Breeden? Did you go to the Kilt Blowing? These are the only reasons I want to go to Dragon Con.

I REALLY wished I could have gone this year because Obby Proposed to Jennie this year at the Kilt Blowing. :D

/girlieness

8. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I met her, bought a zombie tshirt, told her I was a huge fan and shook her hand. I was at the first kilt blowing but I was to late for the second. I hate I missed the proposal, I saw the video and it looked awesome.

9. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

She is really the only person I wanted to meet at Dragoncon. I waited in line for artist alley just to be the first to shake her hand.

Also funny, she was making a sign for a pot that said "Beer Money"... she had to ask me how to spell "money".

That's crazy. One dyslexic person asking another dyslexic person how to spell something.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I hate you so much more now.

11. Remy

Remy Vertical

I have always wanted to attend an event like that. But what to wear? Jeans and a Tshirt? Id be the odd man out. And I am not creative enough to think of something cool either. I suppose a Cyclone out of Robotech but that'd be thousands of $$$ in coolness. Maybe just a plain old stormtrooper, Death star union 402.

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

There are plenty of jeans & t-shirt people, especially with geeky t-shirts. I put together a Kaylee Frye costume (that, sadly, I didn't get any good pics of) for about $65. There was a guy dressed like Gary from Weird Science, and the only thing "out of the ordinary" was a bra on his head. I also saw a Marty McFly (jeans, striped shirt, red vest jacket); Mario Brothers (overalls, corresponding tshirt colors and hats); people walking around with con programs and duct tape in strategic places; people in street clothes with Harry Potter or Doctor Who scarves...

Basically, anything goes. Anything. You can go as elaborate, or as simple, as you want.

13. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

This looks like a great freakin time!

14. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Jealous! This is one of the minor issues with living down under.