1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Drinking in New York

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by billymon, Jul 24, 2015.

1. billymon

billymon New Member

I'm going to be staying in New York for a few nights shortly with some friends. We're staying somewhere near Chelsea/Garment district. Are there any bars or pubs that I should be trying to visit. Or avoid !

2. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Definitely try Parker & Quinn, west 39th st. at 6th ave, the bar at the strand on west 37th between 5th & 6th is pretty good, and my all time favorite is Rattle & Hum on east 33rd between madison & 5th ave. Always go there when I'm in NY. All convenient to the garment district.
    --- merged: Jul 24, 2015 8:23 PM ---
    BTW, if you go to Rattle & Hum call in advance to reserve a table and have them put a bottle of Gran Cru on ice for you. It's an awesome beer and one will do ya...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. billymon

billymon New Member

Thanks for that SirLance. Its looks like a got a bit of a pub crawl on the go!

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

As in Rodenbach Grand Cru?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

If you want historic, go to White Horse Tavern in the Village, it's a short walk from Chelsea. You can also go to Fraunces Tavern in Financial District (FiDi) as it's quite an old place. Another is EAR Inn.

and in Chelsea, make sure to stop at the Doughnut Plant and have a doughnut. It's in the Chelsea Hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Alesmith, m'love.

7. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Also, It's expensive, but there's a place in Soho called "The Brandy Library." Been there many times. They have every brandy and whisky known to mankind.... and it looks like a library, with the bottles on the shelf and the attendants know exactly where stuff is.... very cool experience.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If you like scotch, Keen's Steakhouse has a pretty awesome list, and some great flights so you can sample a lot.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I need to get to NYC. I haven't been since August 2001.

10. billymon

billymon New Member

I went to Keen's Steakhouse. Without question, the best steak I've ever had. I did'nt try any whisky (not sure I could have afforded it!), but the food was fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I haven't been to Keen's in many years. :) I'll have to go back. Did you notice the ceiling?