1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, May 25, 2013.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

2. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Yes, I absolutely want to play this game. This actually might get my husband back into MMOs as well. We both played Skyrim and he's played all the previous Elder Scrolls games. I'm looking forward to it.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

It amazes me that anybody over the age of 17 plays MMORPGs. My experience playing one for two weeks back in like 2004 was that it is endless grinding and prepubescents using "faggot" as both a noun, verb and adjective.

I mean, seriously.

I can't imagine having to deal with the endless grinding of dark-treasure-in-dark-chests-in-endless-cloned-dark-caves that was Oblivion with some 14-year-old shooting me in the back of the head with an arrow every 5 minutes.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  5. Baraka_Guru

Wasn't it in 2004 that the MMO was invented? Lots has changed, man.

Like the link you posted demonstrates, you need to run with the thirtysomething-I-have-a-real-life-offline crowd. They're out there, in sizeable numbers, actually. The in-game social features tend to allow for people to find likeminded folks to game with. The games have become quite sophisticated that way.

For example, if you, me, @snowy and a bunch of others here all hooked up in a group in an MMO, we'd probably have a blasty-blast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I think you mean they grew up. I have no doubt that the games have advanced... I don't put that much faith in the people. The most fun I've had playing games has been LAN parties.

I've thought about doing one of those zombie shooty games you guys talk about occasionally. It would almost make sense for people to act like total juvenile pricks in that scenario.

It's hard to immerse yourself in a medieval fantasy game when people are yelling about Sharkeisha and a Swamp Orc Ninja is teabagging a Murder Elf Shaman on top of a dead dragon.

• Like Like x 4
  7. snowy

My guild in World of Warcraft ranges in age from high school age to 65. I'd say 60% of the guild is people with day jobs, if not more. 20% is college students, 20% high school students. We have a good time. Most people are relatively close to my own age, it seems.

As has been well-documented here, @Stan has lots of hobbies and he plays WoW.

And yes, we would have a great time. I kinda miss grouping with friends.
    --- merged: Dec 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM ---

MMOs can function like a long-distance LAN party.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  8. Baraka_Guru

It really comes down to putting in a little effort in finding cool people to game with. It's like offline that way. It's a social experience. You can't expect everyone to not act 14, but at the same time, there are many people out there just like you: They hate all the "Timmies" out there, and they just want to have some fun without it resorting to idiocy. I'm sure game designers have all this in mind when they look at the social aspect of the games. They try to maximize the game enjoyment of everyone. Everyone seems to be a gamer these days. There's got to be a way to win over people like you. :p

You should at least get Left 4 Dead 2. We need to shoot zombies, bro.
    --- merged: Dec 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM ---
    This. I've even played many hours of MMOs grouped with people I know in real life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'll try to remember to do this when I get back from work next time. If nothing else, our witty banter would make the game most amusing.

10. snowy

OMG, I can just hear you guys on Vent now.

11. Baraka_Guru

We need to get "the crew" back together. We don't always have a full party of 4, so it'd be nice to have more people involved with the game. (It kinda sucks having a CPU player acting like a gimp.) Let me know when you're good to go, and I'll rally the survivors.

12. snowy

I own L4D2 but have yet to actually play it. Picked it up supercheap during a Steam sale.

13. Baraka_Guru

That's something we'll have to remedy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

What, are you guys doing this now?

My peer pressure sense is tingling.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Baraka_Guru

16. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I will buy a copy of L4D2 if this means @plan9 and I can shoot zombies together.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Baraka_Guru

OMG, this has to be a thing.

In the meantime, post here: The Left 4 Dead Meetup Thread | The TFP

18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I don't have as much time these days.
    That's why when I finally do, I tend to do solo vs. the engine.

If I did a group, they'd have to be one of tacticians...people who know how to coordinate for the best effect.
    I had one for RGP IRL...but the main organizer had too much conflict with his other obligations.

I do like the Elder Scroll series though, so I guess I'll try it out.
    Just need a new system...question is...get it now...or after the holidays?

@Plan9...if you don't like them that much, you could always gather a team that would kick ass of anyone who was crude or stupid.
    It would be nice to have an enforcement team to keep the rabble under control. (same as the TFP mods)
    Besides, it would be great reason to have for fighting others.
    "DOUCHEBAGS MUST DIE!!" :cool:

19. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

At 57, I still don't qualify as guild geezer. I don't play as much as I used to; but WoW is more a social activity than anything else, at this point. Get together with friends and kill shit, more or less. I wouldn't still be playing if I didn't enjoy the social aspect of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baraka_Guru

O...M...F...G....!

I would watch a feature-length film like this.

Why don't they make feature-length films like this?

Do they make feature-length films like this?

(HD, or it doesn't count.)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVMNQozxqos

• Like Like x 2