1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Every Girl Crazy 'bout a Sharp Dressed Man

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by ZombieSquirrel, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Every girl's definition of a sharp dressed man can be different depending on their own personal style. I personally love a man in a suit. Nothing is sexier to me than a man in a nicely tailored suit. These men just seem confident and powerful, a trait to which I am attracted. These men make a lot of effort to be highly presentable. It's admirable to see a man care about his appearance.

Mad Men has been a guilty pleasure of mine lately. I think it's because of all the men in nicely tailored suits. I know it's not because of the gender "equality" in the show. I love me some John Slattery. Of his roles that I am familiar, he plays high powered men. Politicians or Executives. He's always wearing a suit.

[​IMG]

He looks so sexy in a three piece... Drrrrrroooool. I will DEFINITELY be thinking about a man in a three piece later today.

What do you consider to be a sharp dressed man?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Clothes that fit and look good, and are appropriate for the occasion. I aspire to be sharp-dressed most of the time.

3. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I also love a man in a well-tailored suit. Drool, indeed.

Our PT residents (they instruct our lab) have to wear dress pants, shirt, and tie to work every day (and into the labs to instruct us). One of them wore a full suit a few weeks ago (I think he had an interview) and I felt myself getting a little warm. Yum!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Not me, that's for certain.
    I don't own a suit let alone a tie and I never tuck my shirts in. (Except for an interview, but only for the interview.) I couldn't care less if people think I'm a slob. I dress for my comfort.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

So, this photo really does it for me:
    [​IMG]

I have a thing for Mike Rowe, and add the suit.. I'm happy.

An ex of mine also had a photo posted on FB recently of him in a three piece suit. With a bowtie. Grrrr.

6. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

My upbringing is old fashioned in many ways. Both of my parents are immigrants in Canada, and with their families, come old traditions and beliefs. One of them being to dress for the part you want, and all that jazz. Because of my roots, I do LOVE me a man in nicely tailored suit. And I like dressing up myself. I feel like the only one in my group of friends that does enjoy this. At events, they're always whining about wearing formal clothes, and I'm the one telling them to suck it up and tuck in their shirts. :p haha.
    I have to second the love of John Slattery. He is a fox. A super foxy fox. Rawrrrr.

• Like Like x 1
  7. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I can't pull off the bowtie, but I do wear suits. Generally speaking, I don't really like blue or black. I've got a couple of dark green ones, a couple of darker brown ones (including the chocolate pinstriped one that's one of the best I own) and some lighter brown ones. I do have both a blue and a black suit, but I usually don't wear them since I find them too somber.

The suit is important, but I find that the tie's the most important thing I wear when I'm suited up. I have the required joke ties (a fish, a bottle of tabassco, Vegas and a naked lady one), but finding the right tie is often more important than the suit itself. For instance, the only tie I can wear with the aforementioned chocolate suit is a patternless Jerry Garcia with reds and khakis. It looks pretty damn good with that suit.

8. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Your pic isn't working for me, PonyPotato, so I downloaded it from my browser and saved it in photobucket for you.
    [​IMG]

I'd like to look as sharp dressed as Mike, but it just wouldn't be the same. *sigh*

• Like Like x 1
  9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Suits are totally hot, but I'm also partial to a man in jeans and an untucked button-down shirt. Rawr.

This is the closest I could find to what gets me going. The jacket is optional:
    [​IMG]

10. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Thank you for making that image work.. it worked in my browser initially, but something went awry. Oh well!

• Like Like x 2
  11. <<<<check the avatar, babies!

• Like Like x 5
  12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Oh, sweet baby jesus....suits and guitars? Melting. Cinn-puddle. Can no longer type in complete sentencessssssss....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

what about birthday suits and guitars?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Um... I didn't get that suit for my birthday....

• Like Like x 4
  15. Whoa... Seriously? Did the_jazz just turn me on? I'm a little weirded out by this and feel a bit dirty.

Must. Take. Shower.

Man, I even think the_jazz would have a shot with me if he wore a suit. THAT's how much I like a man in a suit.

I do like this too. As long as he doesn't smell bad and his clothes are clean and wrinkle-free, I am definitely on board. Makes me think of Ron Livingston and I am a fan of his style.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Guys look hot in suits cuz they act hotter when they have them on. Confidence can be construed as “cocky” which always has an element of hot to it. Ask ANY mother hen.
    I like suits, but its not my favorite thing. I sort of prefer men in their natural state. What they would wear when nobody was looking; ripped sweat pants, unshaven, in their natural habitat.

My SO was always a designer dresser, so it really warmed my heart, and other locations, to see him dressed down.

Don’t mean to be contrarian. Suits are nice, too; as long as they fit right.

Guitars are a whole ‘nother thread.

17. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Here's another of my favorites:

[​IMG]

Also, when can we talk about attractive men in period dress? I'd say that counts as sharply dressed, right?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Notes to self:

1) Go to Portland
    2) Wear a suit
    3) Hit on ZombieSquirrel
    4) Sober up and realize I'm in Maine.

• Like Like x 2
  19. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

I own a number of suits, and sports coat/slacks combinations. Trust me, there are absolutely no clothes in the world that will get me into Daniel Craig's class :(

My usual wardrobe would best be described as early Salvation Army.

20. Phew.

Anyway..oh PonyPotato I like where you are going with this...

Mmm Colin Firth!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1