1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Family Photo

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by ZombieSquirrel, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Gonna take some family photos since BabySquirrel has changed so much over the year.

I am debating on what to wear. It's not just about me looking as fabulous as possible, but how do I want to represent this time in BabySquirrel's life. Do I want it to be a timeless photo or one that is representative of the age? I could wear clothes that are very reminiscent of 2015 or a simple sweater and nondescript jean style.

I think I have the wardrobe to wear what I see on campus every day. This is the shit I see on campus all the time:

[​IMG]

DaddySquirrel could be Spock and BabySquirrel could be one of those bears.

I'm trying to make this as painless as possible for DaddySquirrel so no matchy-matchy outfits. If I thought the cats would behave, I'd try to include them.

We are not paying a photographer like we did last year. 1) DaddySquirrel felt like a stranger was invading our sweet family time and 2) he's a cheap bastard. I'm letting DaddySquirrel use his SLR, tripod and timer. I doubt anything good will come of these.

Do you do family photos? If so, what was your favorite? Do you have any photos that are just awful and therefore a treasure in your family due to how ridiculous they are? Did you hire a photographer?

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Holiday sweaters. Those are so fabulous. Plus, it's swetahwetha.

We have a stupid photo with the family every damn year. I realized how limited my wardrobe was when the same shirt turned up multiple years. We have a family member take ours as a whole group, couples, nuclear family, just sibs, etc at our ginormous thanksgiving thing at the local state park. It's so painful. I get yelled at at least three times for faces, eye rolls, blinking, and finally... the inevitable, uncontrollable laughter. The kind with tears and asthma attacks. That usually signifies the end of Family Foto Time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I'm starting to think you're secretly a nerd and know all about Wars/Trek, and do things like this on purpose. :confused:

There's an oooold family photo I have tucked away in a drawer somewhere...it was before Mom & Dad got divorced, which is why I don't hang it up or otherwise display it. Anyway, we're all wearing Hawaiian shirts, it's all very 80s, and I adore it.

Now that I think about it, I don't think we got more than one or two family photos taken. I remember one with Dad & stepmom, and two with Mom & stepdad...I think the rest were siblings only or cousins.

I like the holiday sweater idea. Cute-but-not-too-matchy-idea: one of you wear something red, one of you wear green, and BabySquirrel wears something red AND green. Or if you want to skip the holiday theme, do the same thing with two other colors. Or just have everyone wear their favorite outfit...hmm, that could be interesting (especially if BabySquirrel got to pick hers!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can honestly say I have never seen any of the original Star Wars movies, nor a Star Trek episode. I have seen a Star Trek movie with my brothers though, but that was a looooong time ago. I have seen scenes and my knowledge of the movies/shows usually comes from memes. I'd like to continue to be ignorant of anything Star related. It's more fun that way.

I think there is only ONE photo of my whole family together and that was at my high school graduation. There is ONE professional photo of me and my brothers. It was a present for mom. I need to find those.
    --- merged: Oct 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM ---
    FOUND IT!

WellsFamily.jpg

My brothers are such goons. And of course my mother is holding EVERYTHING. I totally get that now. Moms hold all the stuff so you don't lose it. My diploma is in there.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1