1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Football 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by grumpyolddude, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Can it be that time of year already? I just responded to the invite to Tilted Time '14, our long-running fantasy football league. It feels like I'm just recovering from my embarrassing ending of last season: dominating much of the regular season and utterly squashed in the playoffs. :oops:

That was then, this is now (or at least, soon). I'm in for another run. From the looks of things, only @ralphie250 has yet to respond. C'mon, ralphie! Stafford needs a home!:D:p

Also, with the influx of new-ish members, would we consider adding a few new teams... going to 10 or 12? Is there enough talent in the upcoming NFL season to support more teams?

Chime in...
    --- merged: Jul 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM ---
    FWIW, if the Tuesday 8/5 @ 6pm draft stands, I'll be auto-drafting. Never have relied on that before. Could be interesting... and a disaster!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i didnt get an email, ill check shortly.
    how do you know ill be drafting stafford??? :rolleyes:
    --- merged: Jul 14, 2014 at 6:48 AM ---
    i aint got no email
    send it to me please.
    ralphie2501@yahoo.com
    --- merged: Jul 14, 2014 at 6:48 AM ---
    or
    ralphie250@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  3. ralphie250

still no emai

4. I messaged Jet to get you in. You didn't change email since last season, did you?

5. ralphie250

6. ralphie250

I found it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ralphie250

im having an issue with auto draft, suggestion

8. Can't help. I haven't even looked at it yet. I am hoping to find the time this weekend.

9. ralphie250

let me know what you find

10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Has anyone ever thought to set up a picks thread on the TFP?
    Just determine who's going to win games. MNF pick the score too for potential tie breakers.
    No money, just bragging rights.

• Like Like x 1
  11. We had similar on v4. We had some fun. The big issue was finding a volunteer to record and track the picks and results. I ran one of these at work for a few seasons, and even with the Yahoo app it was a bit more intrusive than my life allowed. Are you up to the task, @rogue49?

12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You can set up a Pick Em league in Yahoo, it will track everything.

13. rogue49

I guess I can do it...I've done it before.
    Thanks for the suggestion @Borla - I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rogue49

I'll set up the thread...but it won't truly start until the full season.
    So we'll have time.

Pre-season while fun is too much experimentation...so, no picks for them.
    You can speculate in the thread...but no "official" numbers yet.

Enjoy your fantasy here. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Log in to the league. At the top of the page there's a drop-down labeled "Draft Central" with "Pre-Draft Rankings" as an option. Go in and modify things to your personal satisfaction. After that, we are at the mercy of the draft order and the FFB gods.

I don't much care for such an early draft, and the date and time don't fit my schedule at all. This will be the first time I've had to rely on the autodraft and I'm tempted to just leave the canned rankings as they are and let the chips fall. It has the potential to be a disaster, but I could strike gold. Besides, there''s the whole pre-season to tinker with free agents and trades. It'll be a stress test for my GM skills.

16. I have adopted a strategy of editing by subtraction. I have loaded a "do not draft" list of players I just won't abide having on my roster. Let the autodraft fairies do what they will, just keep these guys off my team!

17. Borla

I forgot this draft was so early. I've done next to zero prep.

Actually, right at zero. :D

18. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I need help! It's my first time!!

19. Tip: if they promise to be gentle, don't believe them.

20. Borla

I'll be gentle. :p

• Like Like x 1