1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Podcasts

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Nikilidstrom, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

Alright, since my last thread went over like a fart in church, lets try this one:

What podcasts do you listen to on a regular basis?

Some of my favs are:

Nerdist
    Girl on Guy (with Aisha Tyler from Archer)
    We're Still Alive (zombie radio drama)
    Monday Morning Podcast (with Bill Burr)
    Comedy Film Nerds
    Doug Loves Movies
    Mohr Stories (with Jay Mohr)
    Sex Nerd Sandra (brand new sex talk blog and podcast)
    PC Gamer US

2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Above & Beyond
    Dilbert
    Real Time with Bill Maher
    The Onion

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

CBC Radio 3 Podcast

I don't have time to listen to much else.

4. raist

raist New Member

I listen to alot of Podcasts.
    Favorites are:
    Analog Hole Gaming
    The Brian Howard Podcast
    Cagcast
    Hollywood Babble-On
    Jay and Silent Bob Get Jobs
    Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
    Hypothetical Help
    Plus One Per Diem
    Smodcast
    The Incredible Podcast
    The D6 Generation(tabletop wargame and boardgame podcast)

5. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Security Now (haven't followed them after I started to drive to work )

6. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

The FuMP (funny music project; two new songs a week)
    Coverville (cover versions of songs, very long running show)
    Escape Pod (science fiction short stories)
    Pseudopod (horror fiction short stories)
    Judge John Hodgman (the "I'm a PC guy" combined with Judge Judyish court cases. Bizarre.)

And some others, but those are my main ones

7. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

How is the Pseudopod? Pretty professional? I've been listening to We're Alive: The zombie podcast, and have been enjoying the radio play vibe. When I was a kid, I would listen to the Empire Strikes Back radio play and loved it, so I think some of my enjoyment is nostalgia.

8. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

WoW Insider

9. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

WoW Insider (Fuck you Mat McCurley you stupid asshole. Please stop ruining that website and this podcast.)
    The Instance
    Any Smodcast Podcast, but particularly Smodcast and Hollywood Babble On
    Tolkien Professor
    Filmsack
    The Movielicious

10. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

NPR's Sound Opinion
    WYNC Radiolab

I am trying to find a decent tech podcast that doesn't include Leo Leporte. Any recommendations?

11. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Podcasts, I just realized, are now my primary form of media consumption. Here's a list of favourites I made a while ago... some are kind of defunct but worth listening to the back issues/episodes (I had to delete the links I provided because I'm not allowed to post them yet!):

Nerdery
    Penny Arcade podcast - the penny arcade guys while they write the comic - hardly ever updates:

ExtraLifeRadio - three dudes talking about nerd stuff - I really like it! They also do "The Instance" a WOW podcast - yucch!

A Life Well Wasted - Robert Ashley's radio program style show, kind of about gaming - really well done:

Comedy
    You Look Nice Today - a few guys riffin' - I've really laughed at this sometimes, other times a bit bland, but try it!

Economics
    NPR Planet Money - don't let the topic intimidate you - economics for the layperson - I wish I had discovered this earlier in my life... I'd have felt more prepared for dealing with my money and "getting" the economy (secret answer: it is all kind of crazy and senseless):

Science
    Radiolab - This will blow your mind - this is the radio show that most aspire to be like (2nd most) - be sure to listen to the full length episodes:

Finally...
    This American Life - the king of all radio/podcasts - a must hear:

12. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

They win podcasting awards, so I guess it is pretty professional. Also, they recently changed to "pro paying" level, which means they pay authors at a higher scale. (There's also PodCastle, for fantasy, but I don't listen to that one.)

13. shoegirl

shoegirl Vertical

I haven't been listening to as many podcasts lately, as audiobooks have been my primary consumption. That said, I'm still listening to these:

- Filmspotting
    -This American Life

14. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

This American Life
    RadioLab
    The Moth
    Planet Money

And I often find myself listening to Stuff You Should Know - they talk about a different issue in every (half hour or so) episode, which makes it good for listening on a commute.

15. Cernunnos

Cernunnos Vertical

Free Domain Radio is a favorite. I disagree with Stefan quite regularly, but I appreciate his razor wit and commitment to seeking the truth through philosophical dialogue.

16. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Hardcore History w/ Dan Carlin
    The Kurtenblog (during the NHL /Canucks season)

• Like Like x 1
  17. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

Oh, and Wiretap.

18. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Wait Wait Don't tell me... especially after getting a chance to sit in on several tapings. The amount of material that is cut out for the condensed podcast is amazing!

19. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I had no idea. It seems so seamless when they broadcast. How long does a live show go?

20. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

We listen to podcasts when folding laundry and driving. We usually use driving as an opportunity to catch up on all the Saturday morning radio we've missed during the summer--Car Talk, Wait Wait, and Radiolab. We also listen to Science Friday.

This reminds me that I must remind my husband to update his podcasts before our road trip this Friday, though one of the cool things about where we are is that you can pretty much seamlessly turn from one OPB radio translator to another on the drive we're making.