1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Finally got a girlfriend. But there's an issue...

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Anonymoose, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

I've had very, very short relationships in my >25, <30 years of life that consisted of a month max, but I finally found a woman who I like. There's one problem though...

The moment her pants come off, there is a strong, unpleasant odor. I thought the "fishy" smell was just a myth or a joke, but now I've realized that it can be true.

She is on the heavy side. I only mention this because out of the 6 or so women I've been with - in regards to fingering, sex, etc things that involve a vagina - only one other woman had an unbearable odor downstairs and coincidentally she was overweight too. The other women either had a tiny scent that didn't smell bad or had no scent at all. The last girl I was with had the latter so going down on her was actually very pleasurable even for me, and especially her. I actually enjoyed it!

I don't know how to approach this. It's hard enough having sex with her because her thighs are like tree stumps and she's not very flexible, but that fowl smell makes me not want to make love to her. Ugh. She's got a cute face and an amazing personality and on the road to losing weight, but I don't know how to go about fixing this. Any suggestions?

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

You're going to have to bite the bullet and talk to her about it.
    How you're going to get away with that, I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Get some pretty smelling bath soaps from bed, bath and body. Shower with her. Soap her all up and clean all the Nether regions. Get her all nice smelling, the hit that shot like a screen door in a hurricane.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cynthetiq

You could do that route too. First try the nice passive way make her smell nice and compliment her on how nice she smells. If it does not work you'll have to tell her nicely and try to not hurt her feelings. It will be difficult biy be as tactful as you can.

She may say your ball sweat smells like bad cheese.

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Definitely definitely sounds like BV! (Thanks for thinking of me, snowy :) )
    I'm doing my thesis on BV, so I know a little too much about it. If you can bring it up comfortably, suggest a test. It takes all of 5 minutes, and a round of antibiotics usually helps. There's a chance of relapse, but it varies from patient to patient. It's incredibly common, so it really shouldn't be something to be embarrassed about, even if it's awkward bringing it up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

ooo...that's a difficult one, especially if it's potentially what the ladies described above.

That's a delicate issue...if I was in that position, then perhaps I would bring it up amongst a tangent conversation,
    like getting into a "intellectual" talk, where you're going over experiences and likes/dislikes...where you're being honest.
    then say, I noticed you have a bit more "musky" scent than I previously known in the past...

If it is taken decently , then I'd mention a "light" preference. (and I've had ladies note theirs to me...that's just sex back & forth)
    As to the potential of it being a health issue...I might mention I've heard topics on the matter. I'd ask if she'd be concerned with it.
    Don't make it a "you are" this or "I want" that type of tone or conversation. I'd keep it more about her thoughts on the matter.

That is the most sensitive method that I can think of. (Yes, it is very passive...I could be wrong)
    However, I've had ladies come out and say after I've been working out/sweating all-day..."You look hot, but you STINK"
    Or your feet smell after I've been on them all day.
    But I don't think it is the same context...nor do I think that many women care about men's sensitivities in that way. (we have other buttons to push)

I wish you the best.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymoose

Anonymoose Vertical

Looks like I've come to the right spot to ask, ha. Thanks for the advice all! As of right now I'd feel extremely uncomfortable bringing it up, especially if it's that BV thing and not just needing a shower. Maybe if the relationship gets more serious then I'll have the balls to say anything. Although I don't know how much of that smell I can handle when we get intimate. It's a tough situation, that's for sure. I know she's had a boyfriend or 2 before me, makes me wonder if they just dealt with it or what.

• Like Like x 1
  9. flowcntrl

flowcntrl New Member

I once had a situation like this. After a couple rounds in the sack, I just determined that I couldn't take it anymore (plus the smell was rubbing off). Even if you don't don't know if the relationship will further, do you really want her to continue her journey in life thinking she's sweet as a rose? I agree with fflowley and just put it out there. Once you say it, you can't take it back so it's done. However, you can always follow up and get brownie points with a sincere "What can I do to help?" Then, drive her arse to the pharmacy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Eh, she needs a gyno. I have NO IDEA how you will bring that up. But she needs a Dr ASAP so she can get a week long of antibiotics, then those will fuck with her and then a week long of yeast infection then after that a week long of period.

God, vaginas suck!

hehehe

11. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

This is such an odd thread. I mean, it's not like you can hang an air freshener down there. Your options boil down to:

1. Talk to her about her cooch stank
    2. Ditch her because of her cooch stank

Do you really want to be the guy who ditched a girl who you really, really liked because she had an odor in her fun spot? Maybe you do, in which case the appropriate course of action is clear. No judgement here, brother -- if it's really a deal breaker for you then you really should just be on your merry way and spare her some pain. Otherwise, you're going to just have to sit her down at the kitchen table, look deep into her eyes, and tell her that her vagina stinks and she needs to see a doctor about that shit.

She's going to be embarrassed. She might get mad at you. Try to be at least a little tactful. Hopefully she'll get over it.

Good luck.

EDIT: Also, I'm confused on how you think it's more embarrassing that this is potentially due to a medical condition beyond her control then the prospect that this presumably grown woman hasn't mastered basic hygiene. Don't see the logic on that one, bro.

Just nut up and do it. You're going to have to have this talk sooner or later. Leaving it is just going to make it even more uncomfortable and humiliating when the time comes. Unless you just ditch her, in which case good job dodging that bullet!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  12. absorbentishe

absorbentishe Vertical

You've got to be honest and up front. Maybe no one has ever told her, or she doesn't know. It's one of those tough subjects, but being nice and polite, she will respect you more.

13. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I agree. No matter how you approach it just remember women will remember things 25 years from now.
    Good luck.

14. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

This is not necessarily a good thing. Lmao.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

True

16. Tell her that as you are in a stable relationship together now, you think it would be a good idea if you both got a sexual health check up, and then you can both be assured that nothing from your respective pasts comes back to haunt you. You could ask her if she has been on antibiotics, as they alter the stomach flora, and sometimes can cause girly plumbing problems - could be something simple anyway.
    Also. My son mentioned - and perhaps some of the people on here can tell you if its true - that eating pineapple makes men (maybe women too) taste better and smell better - and asparagas makes men (and possibly women), taste and smell rather horrid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, I know enough asparagus makes your pee smell distinct...but I don't know about a woman's vagina
    and I wouldn't think that she's eating it that much over a length of time.

It is likely a variety of things, however to be honest many people can't smell well...including myself.
    So there is a chance that she's not aware of it...but it does have to be noted, if anything due to the chance he may care...not just about himself, but her too.

Again, I don't think women would hesitate to tell men that they have a certain scent, but it is not true in reverse.
    It is something that should be brought up with discretion...a sexual health check may be the thing to do (without embarrassing anyone)

18. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

This isn't the kind of thing that should be ignored. With any intimate long-term partner, uncomfortable things will come up. Today it's her scent (which is absolutely due to illness), tomorrow it will be something else. Now is when you set the pace for the rest of your relationship. If you want to ignore your needs, then so be it. But get used to that role.

FYI, since you mentioned weight, and it typically goes along with excess pounds... when a woman has type 2 diabetes, all of her bodily fluids contain sugar. This sugar sounds like a good thing for vaginal fluids but it's actually a double-edged sword. Yeast and bacteria thrive in that sugar-rich media. Bacterial infections and yeast infections are far more likely to develop and much more difficult to fight. If she is borderline diabetic or an undiagnosed diabetic, she may not realize there are extra steps in personal hygeine that will greatly improve her odds of keeping infections away. Using a combination of mild antibacterial hand soap + antifungal dandruff shampoo (like head & shoulders) instead of a body wash is incredibly helpful at reducing these odors. Just a squirt of each on a fluffy loofah is all that is needed. But it will dry out her skin more than usual, she should apply lotion just after showering, while her skin is still supple. Also, she should never use sugar-based scrubs or lotions with sweet fruity fragrances, since they contribute to an unhealthy flora. Cocoa butter lotions are excellent for the dry skin that comes along with diabetes.

Applying lotion or oil along with massage all over a woman's body is a wonderful method of foreplay and greatly improves odors.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  19. cynthetiq

^^^ a million times mother fucker...

20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Once again, genuinegirly is quite often far more eloquent than this board deserves. Seriously. Zen master action going on here.

Really, it can't be said enough: If you're ignoring your needs/wants, you're only cheating yourself and setting up a pattern that will define your future in said relationship.

Doesn't matter what specifically. Could be anything. Could be chores like meal preparation or taking out the trash. Could be an insatiable desire for anal sex. Could be something really great we don't know about.

Whatever the thing is, you've gotta play Dr. Truthbludgeon and let that stuff out.

Oh, how emo were my 20s, where I basically walked around looking for a woman that would just Ms. Cleo my soul and be all I want without communication, without training, without history.

Beggars can't be choosers, sure, but remember the old adage: "If it smells funny, don't waste your money."

Dating is a lot like finding produce at the farmer's market: It's nothing personal if you toss it away after a little groping.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 5