1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Firestick?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by DAKA, May 29, 2017.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Someone,
    I have Netflix, but it seems that I "NEED", FIRESTICK....so I have been told.....what the hell is a firestick...."how do it work"?

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This is a Fire Stick:
    View: https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Fire-TV-Stick-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00ZV9RDKK

It allows you to access tons of online content from your TV (assuming a modern enough TV to have HDMI plugs), some of which is free some of which is subscription based. It is an Amazon product, so of course all of their content is easily accessible from it, and if you have an Amazon Prime account you get a lot of content from that as well. You can use it to access your current Netflix account, YouTube, HBO (if you subscribe through your cable/satellite provider, or pay otherwise), ESPN (same), Disney (same), etc.

It is similar to a Roku device, if you are familiar with that.

How do you currently access Netflix?

3. DAKA

The Netflix is by a Netflix adapter(s) in both "smart" tv's
    Roku, I have no idea....

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If you have "smart" TVs, then you can use a Fire Stick.

As to whether you need one or not, that's kind of up to your personal preference and if you feel you need/want access to even more online content (Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, etc.) on your TV.

5. DAKA

Looking into possibilities.....too much advertising and "bad" news on commercial TV, I don't watch anymore....well, except for One America News...all the news and no "opinions" No Spray painted Hair" people....

6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I just got a Roku for my old ass Sony WEGA 36" tv. Works great and I can get some things my TiVo makes difficult for me to access.

7. cynthetiq

And there's still advertising on some of these apps since that's how they make $$$

8. oldtimer56

oldtimer56 umime

Thought this thread was about flashlights...lol

9. DAKA

Nah, I already have about 25 flashlights....(THAT is TECHNOLOGY that I can understand, anything else is beyond my "ken"
    All this Techy stuff passed me by about 25 years ago....Now if it ain't Plug and Play"....I don't want it.....:eek:

10. cynthetiq

This Roku works so well I'm considering getting another one for the bedroom because I don't watch all the stuff on the TiVo and I like the on demand stuff that I can't get in my normal methods.

11. Been using Roku for a while and subscribe to Sling for a bunch of content that is typically cable based. Great combo.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

12. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Have 2 fire sticks and am too impatient in learning how to use the remote. Ugh. I need to cut the cable cord, but yikes. Tell me to just DO IT!!

13. DAKA

Cable and phone companies have "bundled" services to make it difficult to figure out what the costs are ie: if you cancel TV, the other service costs change...
    I wish Ms. Daka would let me just cancel the whole freakin' mess and just buy 2 cheap cell phones....I HATE THE WHOLE F'ING THING.