1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Fireworks (For Zen)

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Magpie, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

In the Street Photography: Go out, do some, post results here fourm. I had mentioned that my candid photos were taken on Canada Day. Zen had asked me if I had any other photos of the festivities. I took quite a few fireworks photos. So in order to show Zen some of my other photos. I created this fireworks fourm. I also thought it would be fun to see other peoples approach on taking photos of fireworks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Bloody Hell, Magpie ... these are spectacular! The first and the last pic give me some clues as to how you did them, but the rest are a glorious mystery ... you're motivating me to ... dang ... it's going to be around ... not until November 5th - that's when I bet there'll be some firework displays. I look forward to contributing to you thread then. Meanwhuile, I'll appreciate any thoughts you've got on taking them, from the results of your experience with these you're showing. Last firework I photoed was, I think, a sparkler held by my dad when I was a child.

OK thanks again, and take care.

3. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

I posted this in "Abstract" and nobody commented on it. I thought it was weird! I went and checked in Lightroom and the photo had no post processing. This is how it came from the camera!
    [​IMG]

Here's the EXIF data:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

Thank you. Honestly Zen most of my fireworks photos are complete accidents. I usually didn't mean to have the shutter open as long as I did. However when looking at the photo and seeing how the light moved. It was quite pretty. I was also playing with my zoom lens and standard lens for the duration of the fireworks display. Just to see what the perspective would look like. When I did the far away shots with my standard lens. Such as the last one posted. I was trying more to give a seance of what it was like for us in the audience.

CaptianBob I do enjoy your photos. Your last one looks a little similar to one I took.

Yours
    Mine
    [​IMG]

Perhaps you don't see it. Though I think it's fun.

5. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

I saw that, but I think mine is more similar to this one of yours:
    [​IMG]

The velocity of the particles is slower and there's more gravity effect.
    I wish I knew more about fireworks to be able to describe the different types.

6. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

Oh I think your right.

7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

my posted fireworks pics are here in my july 4th 2009 album - not all of them are pyrotechnic in nature but the majority are
    I was and am quite fond of these, but I think my favourite is still the shot with with firemen on the ladder though.