1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you over 50

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by MrMD069, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

How's your sex life?

The wife and I were wondering if anyone else like us, who are over 50, is having sex on a regular basis. We have sex, mostly oral, almost daily. The wife finds it loosens her back up and hell, I will NEVER turn down eating her out. Usually penetrative sex is saved for the weekend since we have more time to get Mr. Happy, happy. I've coined a new phrase to describe the state of penetrative sex these days, Sex Al Dente. Totally applies.

Anyway, let us know if we're the freaks we think we are, or just another average couple over 50.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

47 here, so I am closing in on 50.
    My wife is 43.
    Our sex life is as good as it has ever been.
    We average twice a week.

• Like Like x 4
  3. peterrabbit

peterrabbit New Member

Well, we're both just over 50, retired and empty nesters, my experience is the frequency is good, 2-4 times a week but the passion is just not what it once was. My wife is good to do her marital duty but sex is just not that interesting to her. She's a passive participant.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm 48 and the wife is 42.

We currently have different stressors at the moment so we currently have the least amount of sex possible.

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm over 55, my wife is over 49. Over the years we've had great adventurous sex, hot 'normal' sex, mediocre vanilla sex, disappointing sex, and a few lengthy dry spells. Overall I rate it as very good.

These days we're not as physically vigorous as we once were. Part of that is age, part is us not being in great physical condition, and a large part is my wife having a replacement artificial hip with the other hip needing to be replaced fairly soon. Over 30 years of mutual monogamy is also a factor; we're still passionate, but the passion isn't what it was years ago. We've worked our way back up to 2-3 times a week. We're on a break right now, in a good way; I'll share the details in a more private sub-forum.

These days there are times when actual PIV sex is off the table because of my wife's hip discomfort/ pain (there are times when she wants PIV and the pleasure outweighs the discomfort). Which leads to us to pleasuring each other in other ways. Sometimes it involves mutual masturbation, sometimes solo. If one of isn't in the mood/up to sex, it's not a big deal (well, as long is it doesn't happen too often). Oral has always been a big part of our sex life, usually me eating her to a couples of Os then PIV. She enjoys doing me, but usually gets turned on to the point of wanting PIV before I'm one-and-done. We still enjoy oral, but now it doesn't always lead to PIV. We're now using toys--mostly for her but sometimes for me--more often.

We made adjustments, and take the view that as long as we're together (or even apart*), and enjoying whatever happens, it's good...even great.

* We had a situation where we were relying on phone sex, namely explicit photos & vids, dirty text messages, and dirty conversations. It was totally hot.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2017 ---
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I hope that you find a way to re-light her fire.

And I hope that y'all find a way to get back at it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I am way too screwed up mentally to even contemplate a relationship and I'm not really a hook-up kind of guy so no sex here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

No sex going on. Basically, that is the story of this over twenty-five year-old relationship.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

FTR, which probably doesn't need explaining but I'm doing it anyway,
    as have other TFPers in other threads,
    my clicking "Like" is for the sharing, not the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  9. oldtimer56

oldtimer56 umime

Sex? Self proclaimed celibacy here, the late wife was bedridden and unable to perform. So I honored my vows and stayed celibate for the last 16 yrs. Now since my bladder and prostrate has been removed, it too early to tell, but it might off the table forever..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

First & foremost, you have my condolences.

I apologize if the following too personal.

Do you mean celibacy as in no orgasms at all, or faithful as in no partners? If no orgasms at all, that might have something to do with your subsequent problems. My urologists told me, and there are many studies to support this, the male reproductive system needs to be emptied/flushed out every so often, at least 2-3 orgasms a week. This presents a problem for men who have negative and/or mixed thoughts regarding masturbation, where masturbation is their only option.

11. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I'd like to try some natural or whatever sexual enhancement supplement. Any suggestions? Just want to get better blood flow for a stronger erection ( like my 20's ? ) and last longer. Alcohol used to do it but these days it just seems to ( let me down )

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

There's a thread here where a guy & his partner reviewed some natural, or at least OTC, boner enhancers. It might be in the previous version of TFP. If I wasn't using my phone now I'd look for it & post a link.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

im not 50, but if sex happens less when I get to be 50 then its going to be a long after 50. if that makes any since

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chris Noyb

It make sense.

I've read reports that say menopause is a libido killer.
    I've read reports saying some women have an increased libido once the possibility of pregnancy is removed from sex.

My theory, untested, is there are many middle aged plus women who want sex, but don't pursue it because of ingrained morals, body image issues, uncertainty of how to, fear of rejection, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

You nailed it Dude, that also is why I don't put myself out there too far.

16. trainman777 New Member

I'm almost 52, unattached at the moment, therefore I masturbate to get it off. Being post heart failure (though well recovered), and an older guy, with some off & on prostate problems, I'm all over the map. Sometimes once or twice a week, other times EVERY DAY, or even two or three times a day (3 being the max, but usually just once a day, on a good week).

• Like Like x 2
  17. deportes New Member

Does anyone know which post was the one reviewing natural products?
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

I'll do some digging tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. deportes New Member

At 60 making love with my wife of 35 years continues to be a wonderful experience, we do it often enough to keep us both happy, connected and satisfied! Four times a week on average. What is great is that we know what makes us tick! Foreplay is fun and critical to a happy sex life. I can't imagine being married/living together as some of my friends for years and not making love with their significant others. I would recommend buying some now legalized pot and giving it a try. If you are stressed out about something it may not work, paranoia will take over, but if life is stress free it helps stimulate touch and sensation!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Chris Noyb

56YO, and about 32 years (we very recently celebrated our 30th WA). It isn't what it was 30 years ago, but we're still pleasuring each other in a variety of ways. Even cuddling, kissing, caressing, & talking with no expectations for more is deeply satisfying.

• Like Like x 2