1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Fried SPAGHETTI

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Aug 9, 2011.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Well, not exactly fried but...
    Prep the spaghetti as indicated on the box, but use less than half the water, meanwhile saute some garlic with a little olive oil in a pan large enough to take all the spaghetti you have boiled
    When the spaghetti is done 'al dente' take a large scoop of the spaghetti water, put it in the pan with the garlic add the spaghetti and cook it for about 3-4 minutes till the water is absorbed and the spaghetti is slightly brown...put the spaghetti in a bowl, add EVOO, grated parmesian cheese, black pepper a bit of red pepper and cheese, I like a lot of cheese, and a good bit of oil....

2. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I picture EVOO to be some sort of cute alien thing, with big eyes and antennae and fluffy colorful fur.

3. DAKA

Redlemon
    You have not been watching my favorite cook (NOT) Rachel Ray...that is her annoying call for Extra Virgin Olive Oil..
    actually I use some very expensive Olive oil for this prep...

4. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I figured it out after thinking about it, but I thought I'd comment anyway. And no, I couldn't pick Rachel Ray out of a lineup.

5. DAKA

You'd have no problem .. she'd be the TOO PERKY one....

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hah! Thank you. I will definitely try that.

EVOO .... I'll remember only to say that when I want to irritate!

EVOO! EVOO!
    nononon lal lal lalah!

7. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

hmm... I could imagine trying that.

Might give it a go, cheers.

8. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

sounds yummy

9. DAKA

I have a new recipe that substitutes Merlot for the pasta water!
    I'll try it and post the results....

10. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Must be for the "large scoop", not the initial cooking of the pasta. Otherwise, that's a lot of merlot!

11. wolf Evil Grin

In a line up of cooks, Rachel Ray is the one you'll want dead within 5 minutes of hearing her speak.

This is good stuff, I love frying up spaghetti.... it is the best way to finish off cooking it, in the sauce it will be served in.

12. Considering that you have added parmesan, what is the other cheese you normally add? Provolone? Mozzarella?

Yes, I have to try this.

13. wolf Evil Grin

Mozzarella would be good with this too.