1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Fucking Myers-Briggs, The useless piece of shit that everyone loves....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ZombieSquirrel, May 28, 2015.

1. There are only 4 letters that I care about F.U.C.K. Is that a personality label? Fuck yeah.

Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless - Vox

I have been saying this for a long time now. I had nothing to back it up besides, some days I was an I and some days I was an E. It just all depended on my mood and how I viewed myself in social situations. The only thing that was consistent was when people refer to themselves as whatever random 4 letters the test spewed on them, I still wanted to stab them in the throat with a spork. Sorry if I hurt your INFU personality, but you sound like a douche. "Well, I'm an INTJ and that means I like being fisted while eating pineapple." You're not cool because you took the test like 2,000,000 other people. You are not unique. There are only 16 categories you can be and that means there are a shit ton of people just like you and nobody likes them either.

I'm going to go read about how to get into heaven.

XOXO,
    ZombieSquirrel
    Introverted Extrovert Extraordinaire

• Like Like x 1
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I haven't read the article yet, but I have a question?

Can you please drop the ambiguity and tell us how you REALLY feel?

• Like Like x 3

3. Fuck you Borla. That's how I REALLY feel.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Girls are so confusing.

I'm going to start calling them GASCs just to make @ZombieSquirrel rage.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

It's not your fault, @ZombieSquirrel is well known as the mistress of understatement and subtlety.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Persons of the F.U.C.K. type are naturally ambiguous. That's why everybody likes a good fuck, nobody like a dumb fuck.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

I love pinapple, but I've never been fisted.

Thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
  8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I think I understand how @ZombieSquirrel feels about this. Hard to tell at times with people like her who are so peaceful and understa.........erg.......grabs scissors from neck as he falls to the ground, wonders briefly before passing out why he is surrounded by an army of squirrels with hostile looks in their in beady little eyes chanting something about their queen.

Not even sure what the Myers-Briggs thing is personally and that not interested in finding out. My social type is normally "everybody can fuck off, leave me alone" wherever that falls on that silly thing. Of course this is not the best attitude to have to attract paying customers so I pretend I am social enough when necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  9. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I always thought Myers-Briggs bore an eerie resemblance to astrology. Vague and kind of silly. But I just tend to keep my opinions to myself for the most part. People believe all kinds of silly things.

• Like Like x 1
  10. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Hey, I found it useful for understanding myself. And the toddler version helped me see where my daughter was coming from so I could make more informed decisions about her care. I do agree it is vague and not necessarily the best personality test out there.

11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

just another perspective and a bit of fun

in the end, nothing can define me. :cool:

12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I'm a little surprised nobody else is coming out in favour of Myers-Briggs. I know I've seen discussions about it around here.

I can see how it would be a sort of aid for understanding someone else's perspective, since it gives you a kind of scaffold in which you can construct mindsets that aren't really your own.

At the same time I tend to reject out of hand any system that suggests that all of humanity can be sorted into a discrete series of personality boxes. That seems a bit too inflexible to be credible.

Sometimes I'm introverted and sometimes I'm extroverted. Why can't I be both?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Every personality test I take says suggests that I turn myself in to the authorities.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm kind of scary......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My ex-husband was consistently an ESPN.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Hehe.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The MB really is more based on a snapshot of how you're feeling on a given day. To get into more pervasive personality patterns, you have to do an MMPI or a PAI. You can get consistently different results if you take it in times of stress versus more relaxed moods. It is what it is and shouldn't be interpreted as anything else. It frustrates me when companies use it to place people in positions, rather than in team building to identify others' strengths and less strengths. But as a personality type inventory? Nah.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

The basic concept that states you can create four axes on which to score atributes then create a four dimensional conceptual phase spase to use to navigate and empathise with other mindsets is fine.

The thought that you can get any fine definition when in that phase space you use binary addresses for each axis is simplistic at best, and misleading most often.

The sugestion that a list of simple questions can yeild that answer reliably and accurately is daft.

The thought that your 4D address is fixed is laughable.

In other news, i took it again three times on different websites today, and i got "Fozzy bear", "Billy the Kid", and "a pale suffusion of yellow" so don't trust me...

• Like Like x 2