1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Full English Breakfast

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Olympian, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

Full English Breakfast (2014) - IMDb

I watched this film a couple of days ago.

The picture follows a young British army veteran who recently got home from Afghanistan. He's troubled by his experiences in the war and he can't afford to buy himself a proper breakfast. Quickly he gets in a verbal dispute with a chef but as he leaves the restaurant in rage he happens to find a wallet containing both cards and money. After having his Full English the soldier proceeds to seek up the wallet's owner. That owner turns out to be a wealthy man living on the countryside and after seeking up that man the soldier suddenly finds a wide range of new opportunities.

Although the film's main character is definitely weak and emotionably unstable all feelings in this film are portrayed with a humouristic distance. It doesn't take itself very serious and the action can get childish at times. However, I think that touches an actual problem with the world today. You almost couldn't make a movie today and unshamely direct it towards a male audience, without making it so that everyone can point at it and laugh about how bad it is. In this time and age, films like "Full English Breakfast" could be the best media we have available. Therefore I'd like to pay this some attention.

I'll give it a 4/5. It's more comedy than drama though.