1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Gallery of Interest] 日本について確立され

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Jetée, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Made in Japan [A Selective Commons Endeavor to include, but is not limited to: photography, cinema, literature, comics, art, design, illustration, architecture, automotives, sports, travel, humour, history, cats, gravure, music, and game shows.]

relevant trivia: The characters that make up Japan's name mean "sun-origin", which is why Japan is some times referred to as the "Land of the Rising Sun".

- - -

A post excerpt from my 'Made in Japan' compendium, subcategorisation: 'Places'.
    The visual below is located in Osaka, Japan (Expo Commemoration Park).

[​IMG]
    太陽の塔 | Taiyō no Tō ... created by Taro Okamoto ... * - relevant context(s)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

{Recommended for full-screen, HD, and loud immersive viewing}

by Sander Wisman (Nederland)

[kuriositas.]
    - - - - -
    --to note: Ah. I'm finally beginning to make my way back to reading and sharing my links from October of last year - this was one of my favourites.

- - - - -

+ bonus(es)

[​IMG]
    Osaka

[​IMG]
    Nagafuji

[​IMG]
    Miyajima

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  3. Japan is such a wonderful country to visit. I'd love to go back.

4. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Art by Alex Gross (United States). {gallery provided by pinktentacle}

-------------------------
    #tributary #illustration

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Measureless beauty, inspired by hallucinations.

Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama - who has notably lived in a psychiatric institution
    for the last four decades - has been obsessed with dots and infinity for her entire
    career, an inspiration she attributes directly to her hallucinations. In an attempt
    to share her experiences, she creates installations that immerse the viewer in her
    obsessive vision of dots or infinitely mirrored space.

Read more: With Mirrors And LEDs, Yayoi Kusama Offers A Taste Of The Infinite | Co.Design

6. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Takashi Miike making live-action Phoenix Wright? Yup!

Oh! It is right here.

[​IMG]
    Hiroki Narimiya as Phoenix Wright, in the Takashi-Miike-directed adaptation, 'Gyakuten Saiban' (Ace Attorney, 2012).

[japanator. / comicsalliance.]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  7. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    YUKI | NO MUSIC, NO LIFE.
    *semi-related - photo details: shot at the Tama River bank

8. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

9. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    photo by: takato marui {as seen in Osaka}

the above falls under the umbrella features of
    #Places #Cawaii

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  10. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  11. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    The Process of Selection

12. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

[​IMG]
    Audible Color by Hideaki Matsui and Momo Miyazaki
    Generative Design Workshop 2012 with Joshua Noble and Daviid Gauthier
    Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design (technical de-limiter?)

Audible color is an audio-visual instrument. Sound is generated based on color
    detected by a web cam connected to a computer. Red, green and blue correspond with
    certain music notes. When the colors are mixed, the resulting secondary colors produce different notes.

The size of the colors influences the volume and frequency of the notes played.
    Color detection and sound generation were created and are controlled using Processing code.
    The system of audible color is based on a marriage between basic color and music theories.
    The colors of red, blue, and green are the visual foundation for color-mixing and the music
    notes A, D, and F are the base triad that corresponds to the colors. The secondary colors
    (colors made when the foundational three are mixed) of purple, teal and brown are tuned to
    the musical triad C, E and G. The visual of the mixing of red, blue and/or green mirrors the
    aural output of combined notes.

[​IMG]
    The ‘painting’ aspect is not restricted to water droplets from a pipette.
    Numerous experiments were performed using substances such as acrylic paint,
    food dye in milk with soap, and ordinary household objects. Each investigation
    created a new type of fun and easy gestural music-making.

- - -
    View the demonstration:

[designboom.]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  13. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Summer days shall last forever (in a time long forgotten)
    (intriguing, sporting, sophomoric, tittilating and hilariously subverted)

I do not know the series and/or author - I think it better displayed sans true context
    (yet the video's image thumbnail above, plus my descriptors, add to the unraveling of the joy of the plausible scenario in which one just randomly stumbles upon this video after watching seven previous youtube videos.)

#Diversionary Glance #On Otaku, & Oddities + #Fanservice!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012