1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

Everytime I see a Stark on GoT....................................I yawn.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

i know, right? They're not evil enough.

Evil will always prevail because good is dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Hawt!

Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) at the 2014 SAG Awards

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Ahh yes, she plays Irene Adler/Moriarty on Elementary, too.

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

A Stark working on being "evil enough."
    Game of Thrones: Red Band Clip: Season 4: Episode 1: Contains Spoilers (HBO)
    (This clip contains graphic content and language and has been approved for mature audiences only.)Game of Thrones: Red Band Clip: Season 4: Episode 1: Contains Spoilers (HBO)

In watching the “Red Band” clip above you can see the drastic changes that Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) has undergone as a result of the downward spiral she’s been living since her father Ned, was beheaded by Joffery. With her mother and brother Robb, recently slaughtered and, having borne witness to the aftermath (including seeing her brother’s corpse paraded around with his direwolf’s head sewn on his shoulders) Arya Stark’s entire existence focuses on vengeance: how to prepare for it and how to exact it. Being in the company of a notorious killer is something that bothers her not. If anything, she’ll learn more of what has become her life’s obsession while in the Hound’s company.

And yet, as sad as Arya’s story is, the GIF set below attests that there is still a tiny spark of the girl left. The one that wants her own horse, bearing a smile of quiet satisfaction as her wish is granted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

she has one less name to say in her nightly prayers too :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fremen

I like Arya as a character.
    How old was she supposed to be in the books, and in the movies?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baraka_Guru

At the equivalent point in the timeline, she is around 10 in the books. I read in a wiki that it's more like 14 in the show.

9. Fremen

The reason I ask is, in either the 4th season opener or one of the 3rd season late episodes, someone (Tyrion?) asks Sansa her age, and if I heard right, she said 14.
    Arya looks way younger, but acts more mature.

Btw, how is Arya pronounced? Are-yuh...Air-ia...Are-ia?
    I can't quite make out the way they say it on my tv. (some hearing loss from too much noise in the past, plus don't have a surround sound system)

10. Baraka_Guru

Sansa is about three years older. (So about 13 in the books.)

Two syllables, emphasis on the first: Arr-ya. (At least, that's how I see it.)

• Like Like x 2
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

There's a difference between being evil and being willing to kill and knowing when to.

Modern times, the police are ruled by law...not nobles...and they are more pervasive.
    It's not might makes right anymore. (MAD with nukes helps that too)
    So our perspective and need have changed.

However, in this environ for GoT, obviously might does make "right",
    you need to know how to defend yourself and obviously be willing to do the deed...otherwise others will call you on your bluff or lack of will/skill.

The Hound did not need to involve himself as he did. He's not totally cruel and malevolent, such as the ones he fought. Only the ultimate pragmatic.
    Arya is learning how to get to that point of will and skill.
    The man she killed she observed doing an obvious evil act...if not any more.
    Her kill was purposeful and justice oriented.
    Only it was informal, vigilante...and a bit personal to boot.

Would I recommend it here and now?? Not at all. I support the justice system. And refraining from killing others.
    But if I was in a GoT scenario? I wouldn't hesitate, other than to know that the other was bad and needed to be terminated in that context.

This is a demonstration of the "honor" system in that world. (and our own past too...)
    As in the Starks show that if they are going to kill a man...then they need to swing the sword themselves.
    It makes for no "detachment" asking for people's lives. (Such as many of the Lannisters do...if not others)
    Both kill
    But only one respects the position of the victim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baraka_Guru

Also, best line of the episode:

"I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."​
    — The Hound​

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Both Arya and Sansa were quite young in the books relative to the actors who play the characters we see on the TV.
    George R.R. Martin, who wrote the stories, says in hindsight, he wishes he wrote the children older.
    Off-camera the young woman who plays Sansa (Sophie Turner) is now 18 years old. Maisie Williams, who plays Arya, recently turned 16 y.o. She is quite tiny in stature, which should serve her story well.
    --- merged: Apr 10, 2014 8:36 AM ---
    Just so ya' know, I was being pithy and referring to previous posts which sort of made fun of the Stark family. I get their point--totally. They are all rather dour and haven't been the best fighters with Ned, Caitlyn, and King Robb all having their heads "at the pointy end" of swords and knives.

Arya is seeking justice with a heavy dose of vengeance. I'd be hard-pressed to blame her.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Baraka_Guru

15. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 4
  17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

that's Christy Mack (NFSW) hot.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Baraka_Guru

Right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    Pictures from Season 4, Episode 2 ‘The Lion and the Rose’ (CR: HBO)

Now, that is ornate!
    [​IMG]

Other stuff going on in the episode:
    [​IMG]
    Is Stannis unhappy with Davos?

[​IMG]

The set design is mind-blowing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I thought it was very strange how the new guy Oberyn Martell basically told Tyrion that he's in King's Landing for revenge and that he held Tywin responsible for his sister's death. If you're going to get revenge, you don't warn the person first and therefore lose the element of surprise. Oberyn better have some master plan up his sleeve because the logical move by Tywin would simply be to kill him before he accomplishes his goals.

• Like Like x 1