1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Google Tribute to Freddie

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Frosstbyte, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

The wife and I are huge Queen fans, so when I saw this I was pretty excited. Google has done some cool things with their doodles over the years, but this is probably my favorite so far.

http://www.google.co.nz/?dontstopmenow

It's an even more appropriate choice as far as we're concerned because our first dance at our wedding was to this song. Either way, enjoy!

Apropos of creating some discussion, does Google save their special doodles somewhere? Or has someone else collected them? It'd be cool to go back through.

2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I don't know the answer to your question.
    Watching this, I'm a bit too emotionally torn apart to answer much of anything. Thanks a lot for posting this.
    :)

Shoot .... for a moment, I misread that link and hallucinated a version for cat-lovers ... "Dont Stop Meaow!"

3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Frosstbyte, your link takes me to Google New Zealand, but nothing to do with Queen or Freddie.
    Did they have a picture set up?

-------
    Anyway, I started collecting Google doodles back in 2003, but then my computer crashed last year.
    I don't have access to them anymore, and I haven't collected any more since then.

Here's the collection on Google's site.
    http://www.google.com/logos/

Btw, I somehow came across a Freddie impersonator on YouTube the other day that mimics him pretty well.

4. Fly

Fly music is the answer

too bad he's no longer with us...........

killer singer

5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I think Freddie Mercury would have enjoyed a 40 year old antennae installer doing him... ( heh )

It is too bad Freddie is no longer with us.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fill23ca

fill23ca Vertical

They did it because he would've turned 65 today. Queen is my favourite of all time. Mercury was the greatest performer ever!! Nice tribute from Google.

7. Lotus unveiled it's new Freddie Murcury Edition Evora S for a charity event.

[​IMG]

Not too bad looking, actually. Plus, it's for a good cause.

8. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

They seem to have taken it down now for some reason. When I posted it, the google logo had a collage of pictures of him with a play button that would play "Don't Stop Me Now" with an animated sequence. It was very cool.

9. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fremen

Thanks, Frosstbyte and Zen. It finally showed up here in the US version.
    Google outdid themselves this time. What a fantastic tribute to a great artist.

11. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

The doogle... goodle... Google doodle of Freddy was delayed for a day in the USA, so it wouldn't conflict with Labor Day.

12. Fremen

Ahh, makes sense.
    Thanks, Red.

13. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

That's probably third favorite Google Doodles ever (Les Paul and Pacman being #1 and #2).

14. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Here's Weird Al's tributes to Freddy, 'cause why not:

Genre parody (Ringtone)

Polka (Bohemian Polka)

15. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

That was pretty cool.. And quite a bit of work for a doodle!

16. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted