1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Has Downton Abbey jumped the shark?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by weezer, Jan 27, 2015.

1. weezer

weezer Getting Tilted

My wife me roped me into the show a couple years back. I've watched the series from the beginning and generally enjoyed it. I thought season 4 was a little weak and was hopeful the series might pull through in season 5. After episode 4 aired this past weekend, I think we may be entering the death spiral.

My wife will insist that my critique of the finer points of the plot is annoying. So instead of taking it out on her, I'm taking it out on you all...

so I pose the question: Has Downton Abbey jumped the shark?

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Never have seen this show but it certainly does sound interesting.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'll watch it all when I get the set or on netflix.

I'm doing the same thing with Firefly and Breaking Bad

There's few shows that I wait and watch weekly...and even then, I record it on the DVR first.

4. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

My wife watches Downton Abbey. I'll ask her about this.

5. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

It did for me. After that car-crash I haven't really been interested in any of the remaining relationships. The old triangles were fun but they've all moved on and I've lost interest.

I would however start watching again if they did a Doctor Who crossover!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Stopped watching after the crash.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

IME most series have two really good seasons, then things start slipping, sometimes slowly, sometimes rapidly.

But according to my wife (who will watch just about anything) I'm overly critical.

• Like Like x 1
  8. weezer

weezer Getting Tilted

I thought the show worked best as a window to another time and place, and to a set of assumptions about the world by the people who lived in it. They also got some good mileage from the "the times they are a'changing" theme.

it seems to have devolved into a mere soap opera; days of our lives in post-victorian trappings. the episodes center on the petty squables and improbable dilemmas of shallow characters who have become caricatures of themselves.

9. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I've never watched it but if there was a Doctor Who crossover I'd be all over that.