1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe How do you like your eggs?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by snowy, Nov 30, 2012.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I know we've talked about eggs in other threads before, but Remixer made me curious with his mention of sunnyside-up eggs. How do you like your eggs?

I like eggs. Sunnyside-up is about the only way I don't like them. I also don't like them overhard. Everything else is good, though. I really liked fried eggs a lot, and scrambled eggs too. I eat those a fair bit. When I fry an egg, I like to do it really loooow and sloooow so that the egg stays completely white on the outside, no bits of brown. I HATE BROWNED EGG. This is probably why I don't like overhard eggs. Sometimes I'll take it off quickly so it's waaay overeasy, sometimes I'll let it stay for a bit and shoot for overmedium.

So how do you prefer your eggs? Poached? Scrambled? Overmedium? Overeasy? Hardboiled? Softboiled? Pickled? En cocotte? Scotched? In an omelette?

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Unfertilized. ;)

That aside, I love eggs in almost any form. I love me a good omelette. I love scrambled eggs. I like eggs over easy. I like eggs over medium. I'm ok with hard boiled, though it is not my favorite. If I had to choose only one or two ways to ever have eggs again, it would probably be scrambled and/or over easy. I love having eggs over easy and dipping toast in them. *yum*

• Like Like x 3
  3. snowy

My hubs makes a great eggy in a basket (or toad in a hole, whichever you prefer) and that's the best part--it's toast and runny egg together!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

I like mine scrambled, cooked in a little bacon grease, and seasoned with salt, pepper and some chili powder. Not very healthy, but so good

5. ScarletBegonia

ScarletBegonia Vertical

I enjoy a poached egg, but I do love eggs in a basket. My ex always loved when I made them, but his favorite part was when I toasted the "hole" from the bread.

6. Borla

Bacon grease makes EVERYTHING better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Magpie prefers her eggs sunny side up, so that's how I usually cook them. I'm good with just about any kind of eggs -- scrambled, poached, boiled, fried. I enjoy omelettes but I don't make them very often because they're usually more work than I feel like doing in the morning; weekend breakfasts are just bacon, eggs and toast as often as not.

Magpie does toad in the hole when she makes her own, but has never asked me to make it for her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

Martian, you could say we're the reverse. I never make it when I make eggs, but he makes it pretty consistently when he makes eggs.

9. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

scrambled, ideally with some hash browns

10. Borla

Do you have a waffle iron?

Try shredding up some potatoes and cooking them in a waffle iron. You won't be disappointed with those hashbrowns. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

No, hash browns is pretty much a treat I have only when I have a hotel breakfast!

Used to be 3 mornings a week, but more like once a month the last year (which is nicer)

12. Borla

Forgot to mention, some of the best scrambled eggs I've had in my life were at my favorite restaurant ever. David Burke's in Chicago has a stellar brunch. They make a lobster scrambled egg dish that is almost half lobster. It is to die for. :D

13. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

That is a brilliant idea Borla. I love hash browns but when I try to make some. they come out nothing like what they are suppose too. I'm so going to try that trick in the morning.

14. Borla

The double-sided heat really helps crisp them up. I like to have really crispy hashbrowns, but obviously I don't want them burned. This seems to do the trick. Let us know how it works for you. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

I've been meaning to try this.

16. Borla

You must. This is the Food Forum, I hold it sacred, I would not lie or mislead you. ;)

17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Sunny-side up. (and toast to soak up the good mess)

Or scrambled with cheese (sometimes with a bit of salsa and wrapped in a tortilla)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Like I like my women: thoroughly done and firm.

Years of eating Uncle Sam's oh-so-institutional powdered eggs have really made me appreciate a good omelet.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  19. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

It took me years to eat more than a few bites of eggs after seeing way too much of them in the Navy. After only 13 or so years I finally choose them on purpose even.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Over medium. Or in an omelet.